Sunrise Here We Come!

L1211

No line at Java Blue- a huge change from my first Carnival cruise in 2019 - same class ship and it was lines everywhere and for everything.  Would Be 10+ deep for coffee every morning. Guys would be 20 deep for burgers. The only line I have witnessed was the pizza line last night late. Could get used to COVID cruising… 

Deck outside the Lobby bar has become my happy place.  I finished my book here yesterday in the lovely ocean breeze.  I wish this wrapped all around like you find in RCL ships. Would

be wonderful for walking. 

9C303357-83E8-4DBA-9335-67C2B97961BF.jpeg

46EB6990-761B-4AEE-9F86-21DD3494DA54.jpeg

• Like 1

So I just realized my “happy place” is also the pet relief area.  Took the shine off just a bit, not gonna lie. How have I never noticed this on any other sailing? We have several large dogs onboard for our comfort. 

33F5B11B-189D-46E4-8F19-DDB91D2C660D.jpeg

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Can we talk my biggest dislike on this ship?  We’re used to Away class on NCL with the waterfront- our favorite place to dine and drink. The only seaside seating in this ship is reserved for smokers. Huh??!  Huge miss in my opinion… 

image.jpg

Aside from Serenity, the opposite side of the ship from where you are here should also be nonsmoking.  Typically the port side is nonsmoking and the starboard side -- or parts of it -- are smoking.  

The aft part of Decks 9 and 10 -- love those wake views! -- should also be nonsmoking, as are the "secret" decks in the front on Decks 6, 7 and (I think) 10.  

I had seafood tower with tuna and shrimp- both spectacular!!  But this super food salad. It’s had to describe how much I enjoyed every single component- especially the fresh off the grill eared salmon!!  Perfect. 

63704152-67D9-4DFA-81AE-DC9B05143A92.jpeg

0F26124B-E74E-48DD-99F1-29FA6D584037.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Aside from Serenity, the opposite side of the ship from where you are here should also be nonsmoking.  Typically the port side is nonsmoking and the starboard side -- or parts of it -- are smoking.  

The aft part of Decks 9 and 10 -- love those wake views! -- should also be nonsmoking, as are the "secret" decks in the front on Decks 6, 7 and (I think) 10.  

Must go find the secret decks!  The opposite of the smoking is Pig and Anchor on the Sunrise and has picnic tables.  Wishing for the better seating for non-smokers too! 

Enjoyed peaceful and restful time in the Thermal Spa after some loud and busy time at the Tides pool.  Both pools were hopping today. Wonderful service for poolside drinks. Plenty of chairs for this who wanted. 

F03FD9BE-BDCE-413D-8235-8858B8AD9C1F.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Found this port day breakfast menu on the app.  I did not know Carnival had port day breakfast- is this new? Looks great and I do love a nice sit down breakfast. 

008ABF0E-4890-49A5-91B5-1E2ABB5D5EAE.png

2CA72FD3-ADAB-4554-A9D1-BCDEFDACD3F4.png

54B5CD3C-C571-4999-AE43-2DAEC7FD8DD7.png

The MDR has always been open for breakfast on port days, but the special brunch menu is only on sea days.

4 hours ago, L1211 said:

Found this port day breakfast menu on the app.  I did not know Carnival had port day breakfast- is this new? Looks great and I do love a nice sit down breakfast. 

008ABF0E-4890-49A5-91B5-1E2ABB5D5EAE.png

2CA72FD3-ADAB-4554-A9D1-BCDEFDACD3F4.png

54B5CD3C-C571-4999-AE43-2DAEC7FD8DD7.png

My fave is the broken egg sandwich.

10 hours ago, L1211 said:

Must go find the secret decks!  

Unless the deck plans have changed, you should find access doors to the "secret" decks at the very forward end of the guest corridors on Decks 6 and 7.  Deck 10 seems to have access doors also, and that deck is apparently pretty big.  

Note that they are often closed off due to high winds when underway.   They're a great, uncrowded spot to go for port arrivals and sailaways, though!