Sunrise Here We Come!

L1211

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Do they credit the few drinks we have purchased today?

No, unfortunately. It's up to you whether you buy it tonight or tomorrow, for one day less charge. 

ETA: Can you both drink $50 each between now and 6am? if not, buy it in the morning tomorrow. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize

If you are looking to drink the best pina colada ever, go to John Watling's Distillery in Nassau.  Easy uphill walk from port or you can catch a taxi.  There is a free tour to learn about the distillery and then in the bar at the end of the tour... the best pina colada ever.

After that, mosey down hill a block and a half to Greycliff Hotel.  Do a self guided tour.  There is also a chocolatier, cigar, and wine shop on that street.

Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

James Bond dive in movie. Crowds are low all over.  Maybe 5 tables booked in the Italian restaurant tonight.  Literally no one at the Red Frog Pub when the house band was to play.  7/8 folks in Alchemy.  Interesting…

5 minutes ago, L1211 said:

James Bond dive in movie. Crowds are low all over.  Maybe 5 tables booked in the Italian restaurant tonight.  Literally no one at the Red Frog Pub when the house band was to play.  7/8 folks in Alchemy.  Interesting…

I like that the pass count is lower but this is too low.... sounds kinda sad

7 minutes ago, land64shark said:

I am on Sunrise right after you too. Low passenger counts is interesting. Did you happen to go to the Lido buffet after embarkation? I'm wondering how the crowds were there. Thanks for your postings.

We have not made it to the buffet.  But there were no lines for Guys or BI.  Nice gathering in Sky Bar for football.  Third floor lobby bar has been hopping.  Pizza actually picked up a line about 10:30- comedy let out, I’m guessing! 

Just now, Pellaz said:

I'm booked on Sunrise in February, and following with great interest.  

It’s such a beautifully renovated ship!  Love the vibe. It was busier in October, but I think that’s to be expected given the state of COVID. Great staff! 

• Like 1

Good morning from sea! Let’s talk about the carnival balcony cabin.  Comfortable is the word I’d use. This is my third carnival cruise- we enjoyed NCL and RCCL over the years while the girls were in growing up. So this is a new product for us. I had a solo cabin my last two times with family along together in their own space.  So this is my first experience in the twin bed configuration.  Damn that bed is small! Think beach mat small, blow up raft small. I am a tosser and turner - not in this bed!  I actually considered the sofa bad last night.  The mattress is also spongy soft. Not bad, just different. I will say DD was still catching up on sleep from New Years and she’s had exactly zero problems - calls it a cocoon - and is loving the cradling provided by the sea!

the cabin also feels tight - it’s definitely smaller, tighter.  The coffee table as to be pushed up to the sofa to pass through. I’m not used to that kinda tight. I would have booked a suite if there had been any suite benefits that I could find - what am I missing there?  Oh well, more money for the spa!  

DINNER REVIEW

We moved our steakhouse reservation last night  because we did not feel “fancy” after a day of travel. We pre-gamed at Alchemy for fabulous drinks and service (drink pkg activated yesterday for a loss…) and reviewed the MDR menu.  DD did not see anything she was interested in so we went to Italian. Wow, it was wonderful!  

My third time dining there and I tried something new- the short rib. do not walk on that - amazing!  Wish I had a pic. Huge portion of fork tender beef plated on roasted mushrooms with a delicious brown gravy poured on table side. I’m not a huge beef eater but found this to be outstanding.  I started with the mussels and clams - I had to ask for a spoon for the broth - hard to describe how perfectly flavored this dish was. 

DD ate most of a plate of rolls. They were just that good! She started with a salad and house-made burrata cheese - the cheese could have used some crackers- something for spreading. She had a pasta dish with white sauce and meatballs. The meatballs were literally melt in your mouth tender. She couldn’t eat the pasta - could have been the plate of bread…. We passed on dessert. 

Service and food top notch. Amazing deal for $15pp!  We have reservations again tomorrow. She wants to come nightly…

Edited by L1211
  • Like 1

Can we talk my biggest dislike on this ship?  We’re used to Away class on NCL with the waterfront- our favorite place to dine and drink. The only seaside seating in this ship is reserved for smokers. Huh??!  Huge miss in my opinion… 

image.jpg