Sunrise Here We Come!

L1211

Morning Cruise Critic!

On the way to Miami to board the beautifully renovated Sunrise!!  We sailed her in October and loved the ship, crew, dining, entertainment - all of it.  It was our first COVID cruise.  

DD asked for a “spa cruise” at Christmas, Before return to college. It’s our first girls trip together.  Of course, I was not paying any mind to the brewing Omicrom storm when I booked.  So I did the “do I stay or do I go” dance for two weeks.  When checking in, found out DD’s passport was expired.  Ok, it’s a closed loop cruise, will use alternative ID.  Woops, her license was exported!  Found that out the evening of 12/23 - govt centers locked up for days.  

we’ll, ID had been secured, my daughter boosted, We aced our COVID tests on the 31st and decided we’d roll the dice on the flight- fate seems to be aligning as we are boarding for Miami now.  All goes as planed, it’s Guy’s burgers by noon.  

will let you guys know how the new protocols are going later today! 

• Like 7

To add to the excitement, we did New Years in Chicago, that’s why the fate-tempting morning of the cruise flight today.  But our flight out of Chicago was canceled yesterday.  Had to rent a car and leave the city early to beat the winter storm that was closing in fast. 

needless to say between expired IDs, COVID pre cruise testing, canceled flights and wondering if we’d go today, pre-cruise has been stressful! 

wish us luck!

Edited by L1211

3 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Have a safe flight and great cruise.  Can't wait to hear of your thoughts and experiences!

Thank you!!  What we moms will do to spend precious time with our adult kids…

Edited by L1211

21 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Doing the same thing with my dd on 1/23 - maybe!  Have had it booked for a year - on the fence right now.

Wishing you the best!  Let me know if I can answer any questions.

• Like 1

Traveling along vicariously with you as my

daughter and I are (were) booked on this too. Had to cancel 2 days ago due to a Covid exposure. And like your daughter, mine has a passport that expires soon (in 20 days).

Look! We even still have boarding passes!

7154AF25-0F37-471B-AA2E-D0E8D4A53C96.thumb.jpeg.5ebe831b8500fc6d7bc5a5221f9d93b3.jpeg

1 hour ago, CeleBrat said:

Traveling along vicariously with you as my

daughter and I are (were) booked on this too. Had to cancel 2 days ago due to a Covid exposure. And like your daughter, mine has a passport that expires soon (in 20 days).

Look! We even still have boarding passes!

7154AF25-0F37-471B-AA2E-D0E8D4A53C96.thumb.jpeg.5ebe831b8500fc6d7bc5a5221f9d93b3.jpeg

Oh no!  I’m so sorry.  We got lucky on no exposure. We’ll have a cocktail for you two! 

Just landed in Miami. First Time ever attempting same day arrival to the port.  And what a terrible time to do so- holiday weekend when flights are being canceled by the hundreds, winter storms, and COVID on the rise.  Meant to be…

Edited by L1211
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Just landed in Miami. First Time ever attempting same day arrival to the port.  And what a terrible time to do so- holiday weekend when flights are being canceled by the hundreds, winter storms, and COVID on the rise.  Meant to be…

I just read that there was 2700 flights cancelled yesterday and so far 1600 today and 6000 delays.   It's a real flightmare right now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Have a great cruise OP

I am on the Sunrise right after you.... covid willing🤞

Any idea where it sits in Port of Miami???  Good luck!

Just now, Ilovesailaway said:

No sorry

I just saw that you posted that in another thread.... I would imagine you will get an ans soon

We’re just chilling at the airport with our bags.  Don’t want to get there too early… 

So, our plans!

- pre-booking purchases only included a couple 12 packs of water and one internet package to share. 

- we booked  the steakhouse tonight at 7- is free bottle of wine on the first night really a thing?  We didn’t get drink packages for the first cruise ever.  DD is a very light drinker and did not want it.  So, will figure that out as we go.  

- Mom is a wine drinker so packed two bottles for the first time - in carry on,  right?  One in each bag.  If I forgot a wine opener, I assume they are available through room steward??

- we have our first bottomless bubbles - does That come with a glass to keep up with like Royal??

- spa appointments- we could not get a spa balcony- none available when I booked. They freed up but I would have to lose my $200 OBC with new booking.  But I purchased thermal spa passes for the trip. Came out marginally ahead,  I but we are on Lido deck so there’s that!
- will use OBC a couple of spa treatments for the DD.

- need to book the Italian restaurant once onboard.  I think DD will love it!

- considering bottle service for drinks.  Have never down that but always a first.. she’s a vodka and lemonade girl for the few drinks she does have.

- don’t have anything planned for excursions.  Beach day on half moon bay.  Maybe the new Margaritaville for Nassau. Did not want to book in advance,

wasn’t sure we’d really be here!

- booked a hotel by the airport - Doubletree- for disembarkation day- we don’t fly out till 4pm. Just did that today…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, L1211 said:

So, our plans!

- pre-booking purchases only included a couple 12 packs of water and one internet package to share. 

- we booked  the steakhouse tonight at 7- is free bottle of wine on the first night really a thing?  We didn’t get drink packages for the first cruise ever.  DD is a very light drinker and did not want it.  So, will figure that out as we go.  

- Mom is a wine drinker so packed two bottles for the first time - in carry on,  right?  One in each bag.  If I forgot a wine opener, I assume they are available through room steward??

- we have our first bottomless bubbles - does That come with a glass to keep up with like Royal??

- spa appointments- we could not get a spa balcony- none available when I booked. They freed up but I would have to lose my $200 OBC with new booking.  But I purchased thermal spa passes for the trip. Came out marginally ahead,  I but we are on Lido deck so there’s that!
- will use OBC a couple of spa treatments for the DD.

- need to book the Italian restaurant once onboard.  I think DD will love it!

- considering bottle service for drinks.  Have never down that but always a first.. she’s a vodka and lemonade girl for the few drinks she does have.

- don’t have anything planned for excursions.  Beach day on half moon bay.  Maybe the new Margaritaville for Nassau. Did not want to book in advance,

wasn’t sure we’d really be here!

- booked a hotel by the airport - Doubletree- for disembarkation day- we don’t fly out till 4pm. Just did that today…

It does come with wine first two nights.  Carry on for bringing wine, no glass with bb. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by jimbo5544

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

It does come with wine first two nights.  Carry on for bringing wine, no glass with bb. Enjoy your cruise.

Wow!  Thank you Jimbo.  Will report back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilovesailaway said:

OP if you get a chance can you find out where muster station E4 is?

I would like to have my boarding pass scanned as soon as I get on. Thank you... have a great cruise

Hey!  It’s the Liquid Lounge. 

• Thanks 1