Is Royal still doing all the normal activities?

I saw a post about a week ago saying that the nightly shows, comedy, and live music was not going on. Now I just saw a post talking about how the nightly shows were done, just with a smaller capacity of cruisers. My wife and I want to go on a cruise soon but only if the activates we enjoy are going on. To anyone that has cruised recently, did your cruise do all/ most of the shows and activates that a normal cruise did pre-covid?

3 hours ago, Jj343434jj said:

I saw a post about a week ago saying that the nightly shows, comedy, and live music was not going on. Now I just saw a post talking about how the nightly shows were done, just with a smaller capacity of cruisers. My wife and I want to go on a cruise soon but only if the activates we enjoy are going on. To anyone that has cruised recently, did your cruise do all/ most of the shows and activates that a normal cruise did pre-covid?

Ship by ship basis. One ship could have shows and one may not. Depending on covid outbreaks   
so what you hear today may be different tomorrow.    
and what happens this week could change next week.   

Hi-  We were on the Christmas sailing of Enchantment out of Baltimore.  It’s a small ship that doesn’t normally have the same types of shows and entertainment as the larger ships.  Regardless, I would say they are definitely having less right now.  No Love and Marriage, no Quest, no competitions by the pool, no main show a couple nights, etc.  that being said, we still had a wonderful time.  My advice is to go with the flow, realize things aren’t the way they were a couple years ago, and take some things with you to do like books, games, etc.  And just enjoy the staff and your fellow cruisers.  For the most part everyone is happy to just be there.

• Like 1

What “normal cruise” activities are important to you?

when we went in August & November all the big shows happened, but the crowds were quite small so there were no poolside activities. 

(which really did not bother me at all, but everyone is diffferent). 

Edited by AustinCruise

5 hours ago, Jj343434jj said:

To anyone that has cruised recently, did your cruise do all/ most of the shows and activates that a normal cruise did pre-covid?

These days, there's no way of knowing what to expect. However, we recently cruised and all the shows, entertainment and dining venues were operating. Masking and vax/non-vax policies were the only obvious differences from a 'normal' cruise. The passenger load for our cruise was at about 40% occupancy and while it felt a bit different from a pre-covid cruise, we had a good time with no regrets. In fact, we'll be taking another cruise next Sunday. We hope.