What happens to people who get COVID on board?

ontariariario

On 1/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, kafraser78 said:

My family and I were on the Mardi Gras NYE Cruise.  ....

That was our story and we never want to go through this again.

🙂

i just saw your post now. I was on the same cruise.

There were a lot of positive cases on board, including at least 3 Canadian families who tested positive either on the 1st as they had unvaccinated children, or on the 2nd when they tried to fly home.

I am very sorry that you tested positive but I am happy to hear that you have recovered.

I wish more people would read your post and clearly understand the protocols in place when you test positive. Carnival did everything right in that situation to keep the other cruisers safe.

It sounds like you were not prepared for what would happen if you tested positive on the ship.

Hopefully others will understand the risks, and consequences.

Smart idea to cancel your March B2B. On two other social media sites for cruising most Canadians are cancelling as things are to up in the air with returning to Canada, and that isn't even considering what happens when you test positive while on the cruise.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, TravelBluebird said:

Thank you for that report; I have a Mardi Gras cruise end of February and I was hoping to get more details of what happens if you are quarantined on that ship.  I’m in an Ocean Suite for that cruise, so I would be extremely upset if I were to have to quarantine in an inside cabin (I never cruise in an inside cabin due to a touch of claustrophobia).  

You will be moved. They are not going to keep anyone with a balcony or suite in their rooms.

If that is a deal breaker you should re schedule.

I was on the NYE Mardi Gras cruise and lots of people tested positive. I know that because I was part of 3 different roll calls.

A  lot of people tested positive before cruising, they had no symptoms. I can't imagine the number of people who were positive but it just didn't get picked up on their pre cruise antigen.

I know of a few Canadians who tested positive and had issues getting home. For one family it was a huge shock when they realized the restrictions.

I also know that many people tested when they got home and either they no symptoms, or mild symptoms.

My son and I did not test positive and I believe it was vaccines doing it's thing, or just pure luck. I was in close contact with a lot of people at the pool, at the bars, unmasked. I was in elevators with people unmasked. I only wore a cloth mask.

I took the risk and it worked for me.

It doesn't work for everyone.

• Like 1

"Passenger understands and agrees that if, after boarding, and even if Passenger has fully complied with all
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, Passenger tests positive for COVID-19 or exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, Carrier may disembark, refuse re-boarding after a
shore excursion, or quarantine Passenger as well as members of Passenger’s travelling party, or take other steps which Carrier determines, in its sole discretion, are
necessary under the circumstances to protect the health and well-being of others. "

Think Carnival can't? Actually the above is from Royal.

• Like 2