On board silhouette 4 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

59 minutes ago, garyg2000 said:

Cardinals done——one of the guys was with drummer who tested positive 

Orchestra done——drummer tested positive

I hope everyone is okay.

When we cruised on the NCL Breakaway in October, the Cruise Director was asked why the ship did not have the usual first night show in the theatre that's a preview of the entertainment on board, with the individual performers doing a little bit of their acts, and the same for the shows.  The answer was that NCL was keeping the performers and the casts of the several shows separated from each other, so that if someone tested positive, it would not affect the other performers or shows.  (And this was even before Omicron.)  In addition, all of the performers/entertainers were required to wear masks on board, just like the crew and ship's staff.

Thank you for all the up to-the-minute information.  Admire your patience with folks who are asking questions no one can answer or even better, questions most of us don't care about. I just want to know what's happening onboard and you did a great job of telling us. So tempted to book one of those empty suites for two weeks from now. Thanks for the info we need to make that decision.

11 hours ago, JohnLaura said:

If you had the opportunity and the time would you take the cruise on this ship next week? We have a reservation… We were on a Celebrity cruise in December and it was great! Only560 customers….  Thanks!

I am taking the cruise next week, I am back to back.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mrs. Nic said:

Thank you for all the up to-the-minute information.  Admire your patience with folks who are asking questions no one can answer or even better, questions most of us don't care about. I just want to know what's happening onboard and you did a great job of telling us. So tempted to book one of those empty suites for two weeks from now. Thanks for the info we need to make that decision.

If you can get a decent price on a suite, you’ll probably never sail on ship so empty.   The crew is doing everything in their power to make these cruises wonderful and they are so happy to have us as guests.

• Like 2

First timer question: what exactly is a production show? I am scheduled to sail this Friday. Is there still entertainment at this time? (I just read that the orchestra and Cardinals are out and most likely will be for my cruise). 

18 hours ago, JohnLaura said:

If you had the opportunity and the time would you take the cruise on this ship next week? We have a reservation… We were on a Celebrity cruise in December and it was great! Only560 customers….  Thanks!

I would gladly do it again!  

Would you take the cruise on this ship next week..??????
Here’s my honest reply

wait a month and rebook

Too many entertainers, artists, acts, quarantine some with covid

Previous XMAS cruise had 150 kids not vaccinated 

some got Covid even with Celebrity protocols 

Five ports docked all required face masks worn inside and outside and original vaccination card

only 2 kids on this shiP which is good and one vomited in the main pool today and pool is closed until tomorrow 

Ship is empty and service is great and easy to social distance, but I would wait a month or two before getting back on ANY cruise ship now 

Captain just made announcement that over 1% on ship have Covid with no to mild symptoms 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, we decided to go for it...we board the Silhouette this Friday for 21 days back to back. We have the option to cancel the second leg while on board. I will check this blog daily stating Saturday and  answer any questions anyone has. We are OK if some shows cancelled and ports called off. As long as the food is good and the beer flows, we are ok. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, piched said:

Well, we decided to go for it...we board the Silhouette this Friday for 21 days back to back. We have the option to cancel the second leg while on board. I will check this blog daily stating Saturday and  answer any questions anyone has. We are OK if some shows cancelled and ports called off. As long as the food is good and the beer flows, we are ok. 

Well, then you will have a great time.  The food has been really good 

main dining room menu has great selections.  We did three specialty restaurants and as good or better than Ruth Chris, Capital Grille, and Morton’s.  Drinks and beef selections with basic classic package excellent 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, piched said:

Ill be there along with you! Looking forward to this trip!!!

Hi- please can I check what days your Evening Chic nights are on? Trying to book a speciality meal but we like the MDR on those evenings! 

I assumed it would be Day 3 and Day 8 as they are sea days

On 1/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, Spence32 said:

First timer question: what exactly is a production show? I am scheduled to sail this Friday. Is there still entertainment at this time? (I just read that the orchestra and Cardinals are out and most likely will be for my cruise). 

We decided to go on the 21 day cruise also. Just got back from negative Covid test. We get on airplane tomorrow, probably more likely to pick up something there than on ship… staying in Aqua Class so Blu is a good thing for us. See ya all onboard!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WI Polar Bear said:

The “Welcome Aboard” section in the app for the cruise on the 14th shows Evening Chic on days 2 and 9.

Ooh ok thanks. I’ve now looked at the MDR menus and Day 2 has the rack of lamb and beef tournedos, and Day 9 has Beef Wellington. So I’m assuming those are the Chic nights! I don’t like booking speciality on those nights! 

thanks all! 

1 hour ago, JohnLaura said:

We decided to go on the 21 day cruise also. Just got back from negative Covid test. We get on airplane tomorrow, probably more likely to pick up something there than on ship… staying in Aqua Class so Blu is a good thing for us. See ya all onboard!

yes!! i’m most worried about picking up covid on the flight than anything else. 

• Like 1