Pearl Heading Back to Miami as Sailing Cancelled due to Crew Cases

ktpc2005

20 hours ago, rluzius said:

Just got back from the canceled Pearl cruise.

Captain said that there were 50 crew infected. It turns out to be Stewards and  Bar staff. We had roughly a 1000 passengers and many bars were closed.

Captain said we would be back on Thursday but actually got back Wednesday around noon.

Also the eDocs  gave us the address for  Tremoral G but we actually left from Terminal E

I have a friend who works as a bartender on the Pearl, and he stated well over 100 crew who rested positive for the virus....I was booked on the 1/14 cruise on the Pearl as well, until they cancelled  😞

• Like 1

21 hours ago, styxfire said:

Am curious if any Pearl passengers reading this thread decided to stay on board for the final night?  If so, what were the entertainment & food options?  Are amenities like the spa & hottubs open?

I did but I 'm a poor source to answer most of your questions. The restaurants, both specialty and complimentary were open from what I saw, as well as the bars I passed along the way.

I am not surprised that the bar staff was hit hard. People "forgot" their masks when they would leave their lounger to get a drink or sat at the bar with their mask off. That's if masks even deter this variant. Either way, it is a gathering spot with many individuals in close proximity. 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, styxfire said:

Am curious if any Pearl passengers reading this thread decided to stay on board for the final night?  If so, what were the entertainment & food options?  Are amenities like the spa & hottubs open?

There were 804 passengers on the ship.  Almost all stayed on for final night to enjoy the ship.  I think they said eight asked to leave the afternoon we entered port.  Dinner was normal for us.  Those who had purchased packages that included visits to the upscale restaurants seemed to get their reservations in as soon as we were notified we were returning to Miami.  The four of us enjoyed our free 3-night cruise and are eager to rebook this cruise in March for free.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Has anyone else had difficulty with using their FCC from this cruise?

At the end of January 2022, I had a mass email stating that my cruise credit was about to expire. I called right away and was told that the email must have been sent in error.

I have called various times since then updating my January 2023 cruise and each time was assured that my cruise credit was there.

At the end of July when I called, the agent said, "Hmmn. I don't understand why I can't apply your credit to your 2023 cruise." She ended up getting a supervisor involved that said that the credit was only good until January 5 (I think it was?) so it could not be used for my cruise since my cruise went past January 5. Anyway, she said to submit a case to ask it to be extended. I pulled my cancellation notice received on the Pearl where it clearly stated that we had until May 31, 2022 to use it and submitted it imagining that it would be remedied as it was an obvious error. Today I received an email that they could extend the credit except that it had been used already.

Now, I did go on a cruise a few days after the Pearl had to turn around, but I paid for it by credit card on the ship. I have the receipt and my credit card receipt. The FCC credit wasn't even available until January 10 per the letter that we received. I could not use it for a cruise departing January 6.

The short cruise I took in January (since I was already in Miami and my plane didn't leave until the 14th) was not even close to what I had spent on the canceled Pearl cruise. Now they are saying that the canceled Pearl FCC was "a discount coupon and any unused amount is forfeited as they are a ‘one-time use only’ coupon."

The FCC was over and above what I expected, but they did say it would be given. Now I find out that it never was, or if it was, it was used without my knowledge or consent for a cruise that I had already paid for. There is a refund from NCL on my credit card receipt that I am not sure what it is for but it is also not the amount that I paid for the short cruise either.

I know many of you have been slighted by NCL and maybe I should have known better. Still, I am seeking any advice on how to address this or what others have done. Because NCL doesn't send your a detailed accounting of funds spent/refunded, I imagine that I am going to have a hard time fighting this.

We found that NCL reservations could not see the letter we received in our cabins when the cruise was canceled.

The FCC's also do not show up in our account.

We got hold of guest relations and they had a copy of the letter and handled new cruise booking for us.

• Thanks 1