Pearl Heading Back to Miami as Sailing Cancelled due to Crew Cases

ktpc2005

Saw this posted on Twitter that there was a crew are testing positive on the Pearl.  The remaining cruise is being cancelled and the Pearl will be back in Miami and will dock on 1/6.  Someone posted the letter on their tweet.

Capture.JPG

Edited by ktpc2005
  • Like 2

That's a bummer 😞 Knew this would happen eventually with the way this variant flies. Hopefully it doesnt become much more common. Glad guests get their money back for the full cruise. At least they had a few days on board to escape real life. 

• Like 1

I'm on the cruise after this on 1/14 and we are probably going to cancel.  Interestingly, on the NCL site you cannot book a cabin for the 1/14 cruise.  I wonder if they will cancel that too.  I'm going to hold out and see so I get cash and not FCC back

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dad son team said:

I'm on the cruise after this on 1/14 and we are probably going to cancel.  Interestingly, on the NCL site you cannot book a cabin for the 1/14 cruise.  I wonder if they will cancel that too.  I'm going to hold out and see so I get cash and not FCC back

They might be trying to limit capacity to avoid a huge breakout.

Interesting. I wonder what this will mean for upcoming cruises in the next few weeks. It's already a given that covid is hitting cruise ships (like everywhere else). I'll be curious to see how many other ships turn back mid-cruise because of outbreaks. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dad son team said:

It looks like they are being pretty firm about not refunding cash for anyone who booked with an FCC at this point. Also says that in the letter above 

6 minutes ago, classy_cruiser said:

It looks like they are being pretty firm about not refunding cash for anyone who booked with an FCC at this point. Also says that in the letter above 

Oh I get that., but with the POM policy, I will only get back FCC if I choose to cancel.  On this sailing I booked 2 cabins, 1 with cash the other split with partial payment with a previous FCC and the balance in cash.   If they cancel the sailing, I believe I should get the cash part back to my credit card and the original amount from the FCC back as another FCC.

This is not good for the cruise industry as a whole.  If whole ships are turned around then this could be the beginning of the end for the restart.  I am so grateful I was able to take a holiday cruise last week.

16 minutes ago, wampuscat7 said:

I wonder if there is a specific percentage or number of cases that caused this or if there were cases to specific key members of the staff. 

This is unusual, so I'm inclined to think it's key staff, or something else that has not come up before.

• Like 1

Interesting the FCC option offered in the letter is available for cruises up to end of May, 2023.

More realistic than end December 2022 offered under the peace of mind policy.

Edited by Rob_H
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, furgoon said:

This is not good for the cruise industry as a whole.  If whole ships are turned around then this could be the beginning of the end for the restart.  I am so grateful I was able to take a holiday cruise last week.

I imagine, if anything, it would be more of a pause than an end. This variant is crazy but it will let up relatively quickly, compares to other waves. I bet by mid February, case numbers will be stabilized is many places. 

• Like 4

The only shock and awe of this misfortune is that there is any shock or awe AT ALL. The writing has been on the wall now for weeks. I really feel for the folks that have gambled and lost on this adventure. Good ole Norwegian though, they continue with the sell... buy another cruise!!!!!!  I hope everyone gets home in good health and safely. Come on NCL, pull the plug on 1/15 escape! I want my 10k back!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Av8torcrj said:

The only shock and awe of this misfortune is that there is any shock or awe AT ALL. The writing has been on the wall now for weeks. I really feel for the folks that have gambled and lost on this adventure. Good ole Norwegian though, they continue with the sell... buy another cruise!!!!!!  I hope everyone gets home in good health and safely. Come on NCL, pull the plug on 1/15 escape! I want my 10k back!

I’m with ya, I want my $7k back for my 1/16 Epic sailing. 

• Like 2