Dreaded "Your cruise is on hold, but time is running out" message

Sugar0802

I'm on the Pride of America RT Hawaii sailing on February 12 and this message just popped up on my NCL account last night (I'm paid in full).  In the past, this message precluded cancellations.  The upgrade offer is now gone, too.  Anyone else seeing this?

image.png.520c50469ac819719eb777ee62a77ebe.png

5 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Cancellations announced this morning

9076A014-884A-40BB-9762-AB73E01C0566.jpeg

Thank you for the heads-up!  Super disappointed, but given the current circumstances, I can understand.  How did you get this notice?

I assume this is due to countries on those sailings' itineraries that have closed their ports to cruise ships.  ??

So sorry for everyone impacted, including the ships' employees, the people depending on tourism dollars, and the shareholders.  The financial impacts of these cancellations far exceed the loss of a vacation experience.  Although losing a vacation is a definite disappointment, too!!!!!!

1 minute ago, styxfire said:

I assume this is due to countries on those sailings' itineraries that have closed their ports to cruise ships.  ??

So sorry for everyone impacted, including the ships' employees, the people depending on tourism dollars, and the shareholders.  The financial impacts of these cancellations far exceed the loss of a vacation experience.  Although losing a vacation is a definite disappointment, too!!!!!!

Some lost to port restrictions, maybe.

Most, no.  It is NCL trying to get ahead of the problem.  And I think in the overall picture that is a good thing.  We not be the least surprised to see other lines follow soon.

Sky cancelled their Bahamas cruises.  Jade cancelled their Mediterranean cruises.  Pride of America was Hawaian cruises.   Star was Brazil/Argentina/S.America (so that was likely a port issue).   Sun was the cruises from Tokyo, Japan.  I don't know what the Spirit cancellations were.

• Like 1