Where to upgrade?

dogm

Where on the NCL website can you bid for an upgrade? I have never done it on NCL but have for Princess.  I am paid in full and would love to put in for an upgrade.  Thanks for your responses!

24 minutes ago, dogm said:

Where on the NCL website can you bid for an upgrade? I have never done it on NCL but have for Princess.  I am paid in full and would love to put in for an upgrade.  Thanks for your responses!

Upgrade invitations are sent around 55 days prior to cruise embarkation (if your booking is eligible).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

(if your booking is eligible)

Do you know what eligibility criteria is?  I've been invited before, but not this time.  Perhaps not this booking because I'm using almost all FCC?

9 minutes ago, n4w said:

Do you know what eligibility criteria is?  I've been invited before, but not this time.  Perhaps not this booking because I'm using almost all FCC?

Sorry, I have no idea the criteria utilized.  However, I believe that it is likely that the lower the category on the ship one books, the less "desirable" that room might be considered.  I have never followed through with a bid, since we cancelled bid before it could be processed.

might be the case.  IIRC, it was an inside cabin and it was much sooner than 55 days that I was invited to upgrade.  This time, I'm in a upper level balcony, but they should still offer me the opportunity to try a taste of Spa, Club, or Haven.

I booked an aft-facing balcony for my upcoming cruise and did not receive an bid upgrade email.

On all other bookings with NCL (balcony cabins), I received an email. I am currently Silver Status.

When I contacted NCL as to why, I received the following:

Thank you for contacting us!

We do apologize; however, the below reservation is not eligible to participate in the Upgrade Advantage program. Eligibility is determined based on a variety of factors and those factors are subject to change, so we are unable to provide more information at this time.

Should you be interested in upgrading your stateroom, please contact your travel professional regarding upgrades at the current rates and availability.

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

1 hour ago, n4w said:

might be the case.  IIRC, it was an inside cabin and it was much sooner than 55 days that I was invited to upgrade.  This time, I'm in a upper level balcony, but they should still offer me the opportunity to try a taste of Spa, Club, or Haven.

It is very disappointing how NCL is operating. With so many people canceling, they should be encouraging people to bid on a upgrade for a better experience. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, gwapnitsky said:

It is very disappointing how NCL is operating. With so many people canceling, they should be encouraging people to bid on a upgrade for a better experience. 

Are you booked through a Travel Agency?  If so, that is likely the reason.  Some TA's don't partner with NCL.

We got an invitation for 'upgrade' but just ignore it because we would have booked an 'upgraded' cabin in the first place if that's what we wanted.  I want to choose where and what cabin I want, not just let the cruise line put us in whatever they have available in a specific category.  But, that's just us.

• Like 1

At this point in time, with port changes/cancellations, closing of online venues, cancelling of entertainment, and the possibility of being quarantined, do you really want to give NCL even more money for a cruise that has considerably changed since you booked it?

Just a question. You are free to do as you wish.

ncl will let you know if you are in the running for a bid to  upgrade. they usually send an email saying "lets get you upgraded" if you dont get any notification from them, you arent eligible, sorry.

not everyone in every cabin category is eligible. 

Wondering if some of the passengers on the eight cancelled NCL cruises are searching for replacement cruises and perhaps restricting the normal upgrade system?  Yea, lots of open rooms at low-capacity ship bookings but not as many after all the cancellations recently since Jan 5th announcement.