Ship tours required in Spain?

susiesan

Riviera April 4 from Barcelona to Rome has 6 port calls in Spain. I am having trouble finding any information about ship tours only required to visit Spanish ports. Were there any limitations in fall 2021 cruises that went to Spanish ports? The only info I can get is that on MSC cruises currently sailing in the Med and stopping in Spain passengers have to do ship tours. I don't know if this is a MSC policy or a Spanish one.

I have not made final payment yet, if only ship tours are allowed I will be canceling.

On Riviera’s 17 NOV TA, ship tours were not required in Barcelona. Some pax and I walked off at will. I believe this was also true for our other port, Cartagena, but since I took a ship tour I am not 100% sure. 
At any rate, past history is not an indication of future performance, as they say….. The Spring 2022 cruising season could bring different regs….. too soon to tell.

If this is a deal breaker for you, you should realize that you are taking a risk if you make that final payment.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Riviera April 4 from Barcelona to Rome has 6 port calls in Spain. I am having trouble finding any information about ship tours only required to visit Spanish ports. Were there any limitations in fall 2021 cruises that went to Spanish ports? The only info I can get is that on MSC cruises currently sailing in the Med and stopping in Spain passengers have to do ship tours. I don't know if this is a MSC policy or a Spanish one.

I have not made final payment yet, if only ship tours are allowed I will be canceling.

November Marina cruise and only country that required ship's tours was Italy- Spain and all other countries no restrictions...who knows what April will bring

No one can predict whether countries will allow private tours or require ship's tours with the fluidity of the pandemic.  Regardless of the situation now, it could change anytime in the future, including after the cruise begins.  You have to decide what risk you can tolerate, especially if the climate changes towards bubble tours only while on board.  

2 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

No one can predict whether countries will allow private tours or require ship's tours with the fluidity of the pandemic.  Regardless of the situation now, it could change anytime in the future, including after the cruise begins.  You have to decide what risk you can tolerate, especially if the climate changes towards bubble tours only while on board.  

I am seeking historical information to aid in my decision whether to cancel preemptively or not. Countries that never restricted passengers in the past before people were vaccinated might not do it now when things are much better. 

Oceania's tours for the ports to be visited are meh and overpriced. I can duplicate them myself independently for half of what O charges which is what I always do. As very active seniors we enjoy strenuous hiking and for liability reasons O tours are never very active.

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I am seeking historical information to aid in my decision whether to cancel preemptively or not. Countries that never restricted passengers in the past before people were vaccinated might not do it now when things are much better. 

Oceania's tours for the ports to be visited are meh and overpriced. I can duplicate them myself independently for half of what O charges which is what I always do. As very active seniors we enjoy strenuous hiking and for liability reasons O tours are never very active.

I'm not sure historical precedence will be a good predictor, but it might be worth a try.  I do understand your comments about wanting  a deeper or more active experience that O tours offer.  But my worry...and risk factor... is not about bubble tours, but is whether countries will close ports to a ship because COVID incidences on board being above an unspecified threshold, and the cruise becomes a resort a sea.  Good luck!

• Like 1