Well we cancelled our cruise!

fudge

8 hours ago, Cortesefam said:

We face our 30 day cancellation decision in 48 hours for our February 13 sailing on the Ovation.  We booked in early November, when all the trends were positive, and are comfortable with the Vax/Mask/Testing requirements.  Our major concern now is the risk of testing positive or “inconclusive”, and facing onboard quarantine, or worse, being put off the ship and subject to the local port health authorities.

We will talk with our TA today—who is outstanding—and figure out our best option.  I’m sympathetic to the challenges all the cruise lines face, and want to resume cruising as quickly as is safe 

Sorry you had to cancel.  We are on the same cruise.

Edited by don731
Updat
  • Like 1

What was the terrible experience by the NYFD poster?   How sick was he, should he have been confined to the hospital instead of a suite on Seabourn.    If I test positive with no or minor symptoms I don’t think I will expect the medical office to check in on me especially if they have sick folks to attend to.   I would hope that if I develop a high fever and have trouble breathing they will attend to me.    Was FDNY given a thermometer and a pulse odometer?    We have not traveled without either device since the pandemic began.

As an Australian, and keen to resume cruising in the not too distant future, the issue of cancellation is high on our list.

The big issue we see, despite the Seabourn cancellation options, is the booking of supporting business flights into Europe or NA / Canada.    The 30 day cancellation offer is not much use if other air / ground transportation needs to be cancelled with uncertain refund prospects!.

I fear, regardless Seabourn, for us will be a risky option and many others depending on their location relative to the departure point of the booked cruise.    Not sure when this situation will improve and how many other prospective passengers have the same concerns as us??.

Still happy and safe cruising to all.

• 2 weeks later...

We are wondering if anyone else who might see this has had the same issue.  At the end of December we cancelled an upcoming Seabourn cruise under the 50/50 terms.  We actually received the 50% credit to our credit card within a few days; however, we are still waiting to see the 50% FCC posted to our Seabourn account.  Originally we were advised it would be done within 14 days but now there is no commitment as to how long it will take.  Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, netpj said:

We are wondering if anyone else who might see this has had the same issue.  At the end of December we cancelled an upcoming Seabourn cruise under the 50/50 terms.  We actually received the 50% credit to our credit card within a few days; however, we are still waiting to see the 50% FCC posted to our Seabourn account.  Originally we were advised it would be done within 14 days but now there is no commitment as to how long it will take.  Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?  Thanks!

Yes, we are experiencing the same problem as you. We also opted for the 50/50 deal, we cancelled on the 6th January, to date we have not received either the FCC or our monies returned. I am speaking to my TA today. Initially our TA said that Seabourn are having trouble transferring the cash through their system what ever that means?  We were asked for our bank details so that Seabourn would complete a bank transfer, I always thought that was quite a quick process? Will update If I get a result. 

FWIW, we canceled our Ovation transatlantic crossing for late March on Dec 21st (unrelated to COVID).  The monies owed back to us were promptly refunded to our AMEX (within a couple days), but the FCC component has yet to appear.  We were told to expect a couple weeks, but have not seen anything yet.  Not worried, but see it as they must be overwhelmed right now with many such changes.  

17 hours ago, fudge said:

Yes, we are experiencing the same problem as you. We also opted for the 50/50 deal, we cancelled on the 6th January, to date we have not received either the FCC or our monies returned. I am speaking to my TA today. Initially our TA said that Seabourn are having trouble transferring the cash through their system what ever that means?  We were asked for our bank details so that Seabourn would complete a bank transfer, I always thought that was quite a quick process? Will update If I get a result. 

Deep joy, checked the bank today and there was the refund.

• Like 1

Very excited that we are still going on our 1/30 cruise from Miami.   I understand they are still requiring negative COVID tests and are now testing you at the pier before boarding.   Seabourn is doing everything possible to give us a healthy cruise.   We were at 99% booked before Omicron so we are selfishly hoping for a lower passenger count.   Now we just hope we clear the COVID tests but we have been very careful and will wear N95 masks in the airport and on the plane.   Believe we will have the best cruise ever.

13 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Very excited that we are still going on our 1/30 cruise from Miami.   I understand they are still requiring negative COVID tests and are now testing you at the pier before boarding.   Seabourn is doing everything possible to give us a healthy cruise.   We were at 99% booked before Omicron so we are selfishly hoping for a lower passenger count.   Now we just hope we clear the COVID tests but we have been very careful and will wear N95 masks in the airport and on the plane.   Believe we will have the best cruise ever.

I;m with you on all of that! 😊

We are onboard right now.   As we all hoped Seabourn did test us for COVID before we could board.    This caused a bit of a delay but we were glad for the additional safety precaution.

We ate last night in TK and it was wonderful.   Bruno is still playing in the bar so we were able to enjoy his talented performances. The Dover Sole and Lamb were perfect as was the spinach and the potatoes.   Everyone is complying with the indoor mask mandate.   A few are using cloth masks but most passengers have the KN 95 or KN 94 masks.    A few have the blue paper masks.

Seabourn on,y left cloth masks in our suite so we are thankful we brought the better paper masks.

Tonight is French night and it is one of two formal evenings.    In TK Grill last night blue blazers were the uniform for men.   The ladies were dressed nicely and some even wore their sparkly ensembles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1