Changing travel agents

Twitchly

Looking for info regarding switching from one TA to another.

We have vouchers and insurance booked through our current travel agent. Unfortunately, she has repeatedly given us wrong advice, has made some significant mistakes, and has been more of an obstacle than a help. We’ve had to do most things ourselves.

We’d like to book our next cruise (using the vouchers and insurance) with someone else, preferably someone who knows a lot about Viking. If you’ve changed TAs midstream, how has that worked for you? We’ve already run into problems trying to use our Delta vouchers to reschedule our flights; Delta said because the original booking was under our TA’s name, the TA would have to make the change. So I’m concerned that a new TA might run into problems too.

Advice welcome.

Edited by Twitchly

We did this a few months ago.  We contacted Viking and told them we wanted to switch travel agents.  They sent an email to our travel agent copying us and then we transferred our booking to another agent.  It all worked fine for us.  However, we had no vouchers or insurance to contend with.  Good luck and please let us know how it worked out in the end.

I would let Viking know.  Seems to me there would be no problem with Viking, vouchers, and insurance.  They are not tied to a specific agent.

Regarding the airlines on flights booked direct with Airlines via your TA and not Viking Air, I don't know - that may be the case (especially Delta).  I would HUCA Delta a couple times (Hang Up Call Again) and see what answers you get then.

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 1

I am unsure if you can use someone in Canada -- maybe Andy could answer that question.  But we have a fabulous TA thanks to Andy.

As far as contacting Viking after you find a TA, that's not what we did.  We told Viking we were firing our TA and Viking kept the booking for a few days until we found the perfect person.

2 hours ago, millybess said:

I am unsure if you can use someone in Canada -- maybe Andy could answer that question.  But we have a fabulous TA thanks to Andy.

As far as contacting Viking after you find a TA, that's not what we did.  We told Viking we were firing our TA and Viking kept the booking for a few days until we found the perfect person.

MyTA is in Canada and I’m not

On 1/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, millybess said:

Shouldn't be an issue using a Canadian TA, just make sure the TA does the booking in US $ and not CAN $.