Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

Thanks for the replies about the meet and greet situation.  One thing that can be done is roll callers can  organize a time and place to meet without the blessings of the cruiseline. We’ve participated in these  a number of times.  Basically they are non-cruiseline sponsored meet ups at a chosen time once most oeople are on board on sail away day. Usually in the vicinity of one of the outdoor bars. Something is chosen to wear to the meet up  to serve as a designator so those in the group can spot each other. Not sure if that would work so great in this Covid climate. It could be difficult to chat with various people that show up if Omicron is still rampant  due to the need to socially distance.  It’s great to meet a few friendly faces right from the start of the cruise, too, instead of having to wait for the official Meet & Mingle . So often people don’t tend to mingle much at the M&Ms anymore anyway. They head out immediately after the cruise line host talks for a while and has the raffle, etc. 

• Like 2

Hoping someone who was on the January 8 sailing is still reading this thread and can answer a question for me:  Which ports did you actually get to stop and disembark at during the cruise? 

I thought one of you posted  St. Maarten and Nassau (which we know was not on the original itinerary at all).  Someone said that there were also 3 stops at Coco Cay, just for crew quarantine exchanges.

My brother has a friend who took his family on the Allure supposedly last week and said they only stopped at one port.  I am guessing that maybe my brother misunderstood which sailing the friend was actually on. 

Hoping one of you can fill us in. 

8 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Hoping someone who was on the January 8 sailing is still reading this thread and can answer a question for me:  Which ports did you actually get to stop and disembark at during the cruise? 

I thought one of you posted  St. Maarten and Nassau (which we know was not on the original itinerary at all).  Someone said that there were also 3 stops at Coco Cay, just for crew quarantine exchanges.

My brother has a friend who took his family on the Allure supposedly last week and said they only stopped at one port.  I am guessing that maybe my brother misunderstood which sailing the friend was actually on. 

Hoping one of you can fill us in. 

We stopped at St. Maarten and Nassau.  St. Thomas and St. Kitts would not allow docking due to Covid.  St. Maarten was an originally scheduled port although we went there a day early.  Nassau replaced the DR a couple months ago.

We were supposed to visit Coco Cay in place of St. Thomas but high winds and surf did not allow us to get off the ship. There were 3 stops total there to exchange crew.

3 hours ago, Buckeye_Tom said:

Wondering if anyone from the current Jan 16th Allure cruise is following….  How did the port stops go so far on that trip?

We are still a “go” for the Jan 21st Allure trip…

We didn’t miss any ports but we were only scheduled for Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan. This is a 6 day cruise unlike the 8 day we will be on in a few days.

• Thanks 1

It seems like the itineraries along the Mexican Caribbean coast down to Aruba, etc., are not having port issues. However, the rest of the Caribbean is a different matter. Of course, that could  change at any time.

Edited by mlbcruiser
  • Like 2