Enclave Help

FlaMariner

First Princess cruise coming up on the Princess Sky.....

We love the thermal suites on Holland and it looks like Princess has a similar offering.  

Couple of questions......

• Is it cheaper to buy the pass pre-cruise or onboard?  
  • The Enclave is listed to buy online as a 7 days pass but the cruise is 16 days.....Is that a mistake or can you buy it for just 7 days of the cruise?
  • Feedback from anyone who has used the Enclave vs Holland America's thermal suites?

8 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

First Princess cruise coming up on the Princess Sky.....

We love the thermal suites on Holland and it looks like Princess has a similar offering.  

Couple of questions......

• Is it cheaper to buy the pass pre-cruise or onboard? 
  • The Enclave is listed to buy online as a 7 days pass but the cruise is 16 days.....Is that a mistake or can you buy it for just 7 days of the cruise?

We were just on the Sky Princess in December and purchased the Enclave for both legs of our B2B. I can provide a partial answer to your first question:

Princess offers a discounted weekly couples rate for the Enclave if you purchase before boarding. In the past that was also offered after boarding, so we did not pre-purchase for this trip. However, when we boarded we were told the couples discount was not available once you boarded the ship and we had to pay full price for the first week (we were able to pre-purchase online for the second week, taking advantage of the discount).  If they are offering a similar single person pre-cruise discount, I suspect the same would apply and you would need to purchase before boarding to take advantage of the discount.

I'm not sure about the 7-day thing. Because we were on a B2B, the packages were each offered as a 7-day package; one for each week, which we purchased separately. But, if you have a single 16-day cruise, it would seem odd that they were only offering a 7-day package. Perhaps that's just a default setting when you're looking online that would change if you actually selected it to purchase? Just a thought. However, I don't have personal experience with that.

Also I have not been on Holland so cannot compare it to Princess. But I can say that the older, Grand Class, Princess ships have a Thermal Suite, and the Sky Enclave is similar to the older ships' Thermal Suites, only with more sauna/steam rooms and a large whirlpool (not in the older ship Thermal Suites).

I hope someone else can offer more answers for you. Best of luck, and happy sailing.

So I signed in to our cruise and was able to purchase the 7 day Enclave couples pass for $219.  Seven day passes were all that was for sale yet the cruise is a 16 night TA cruise....interesting.

The good news is that hopefully we can use the Enclave for the week of sea days.  The better news is that they do not pay attention and we are good for the entire cruise.

We shall see......

• Like 1

Good afternoon,

We are sailing on the Majestic to Alaska, 28 May 22 and spa appointments are not yet available due to re-establishing contracts since leaving AK due to COVID.  How far in advance did you see the option to purchase the Enclave Pass? 

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, scgssny said:

Good afternoon,

We are sailing on the Majestic to Alaska, 28 May 22 and spa appointments are not yet available due to re-establishing contracts since leaving AK due to COVID.  How far in advance did you see the option to purchase the Enclave Pass? 

Thanks.

Four to six months

• 2 months later...

I'm the OP and passing along our experience....We were on the Princess Sky TA 3/12 thru 3/28

• As mentioned, we purchased the 7 day pass pre cruise as that was the only pass available
  • once onboard the spa ladies had the info and gave us a paper taped to our medallion that was for "7 days"
  • we used the pass for the entire 16 day cruise and we were never questioned

As far as the Enclave compared to Holland America Line.......from our experience:

• Enclave is smaller than HAL's similar greenhouse spa (on the newer ships) and that's even with the Sky having many more passengers
  • Enclave has no seating area other than the hot lounge chairs so you are encouraged to put your towel and stuff on the hot lounges while you go in the pool and thus no-one can use the hot chairs....(On HAL you can go between the lounges and the pool based on what's available and you are not a chair hog)
  • HAL had more stuff....ice bucket, sideways shower
  • The pool was more to our liking on HAL...seemed bigger and the time before it would turn off was much longer

They are both great but if you have been on HAL's newer ships and then go on Princess's newer ships, you will see a difference.

We are on the Sky Princess in September, a 25 day cruise. Two lots of five days at sea.

These are the questions  I asked about the pass, as it is only showing as available for 14 days:  

Can you use it any of the days or does it have to be consecutive?  What happens to the other days?

Two people at Princess have been, unsuccessfully, trying to answer my questions and have now contacted the ship, (well three weeks ago). Still not answered.

Wondered if someone who was sailing on Sky in the near future could ask the questions for me?

I'd be very grateful for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bearhavingfun said:

Hello. I will be on Majestic Princess April 30, 2022. I can not find anywhere on that booking the Enclave. I see all the spa services being offered, but nothing about the Enclave itself.

Where am I supposed to find this to book it?

Go into your personalizer online, onboard services, spa services, lotus spa, relaxation services...it's there 🙂

15 hours ago, jwattle said:

Go into your personalizer online, onboard services, spa services, lotus spa, relaxation services...it's there 🙂

OH for crying out loud. Yep, it is there.

Really Princess, a service? That is why I could not find it before, it would not really consider that a service, it is an amenity.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 11:02 AM, jwattle said:

@jwattle if only I could find out where to book it online. I have followed your trail. Enclave does not come up. Calls and Live Chat to Princess - no one knows what I’m talking about. They keep directing me to Sanctuary…any help appreciated. I see 112 Spa services none of them are Enclave access. Thanks!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharmedLifer said:

@jwattle if only I could find out where to book it online. I have followed your trail. Enclave does not come up. Calls and Live Chat to Princess - no one knows what I’m talking about. They keep directing me to Sanctuary…any help appreciated. I see 112 Spa services none of them are Enclave access. Thanks!!!

No “relaxation services” topic….hmmm moved or not selling in advance anymore? But the fact no one at Princess knows what I’m talking about sheesh…..:)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharmedLifer said:

I had that problem on one cruise. It didn't appear in my personalized. Only the Thermal Suite did, which they didn't have on that ship. I tried booking it, to see if it might change to Enclave, but I couldn't. Others on the same cruise had no problem. I just waited and booked on board and insisted I got the pre-cruise price. Took a video of the personalized experience for proof.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cjpj said:

I had that problem on one cruise. It didn't appear in my personalized. Only the Thermal Suite did, which they didn't have on that ship. I tried booking it, to see if it might change to Enclave, but I couldn't. Others on the same cruise had no problem. I just waited and booked on board and insisted I got the pre-cruise price. Took a video of the personalized experience for proof.

Many thanks. I finally got through to someone at Princess who said they couldn’t find it either……Will take a screen shot. Thanks again for your help……

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CharmedLifer said:

Many thanks. I finally got through to someone at Princess who said they couldn’t find it either……Will take a screen shot. Thanks again for your help……

Hi @CharmedLifer, I believe you might be looking for the TP Majestic sailing? I believe since this is such a long sailing, it is not available to pre book. I just checked my 11 day sailing on the Crown for May, and it was available to pre book, of course on the Crown, it is the ‘Thermal Suite’. Price for 11 days is $216.

15 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We just off Discovery Pre cruise purchase on line was $140 , on board price was $169 for 7 days .

There was a daily Sea Day sign up sheet to use area , walk ins may not find a lounger unless after 5pm.

Thank you. Seems Princess opens some Enclave pre cruise and others not. Appreciate the pricing information. Not too bad a difference online. Good advice and appreciated. Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

34 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hi @CharmedLifer, I believe you might be looking for the TP Majestic sailing? I believe since this is such a long sailing, it is not available to pre book. I just checked my 11 day sailing on the Crown for May, and it was available to pre book, of course on the Crown, it is the ‘Thermal Suite’. Price for 11 days is $216.

Ah that’s a good point @wallyj. Length of cruise may impact selling and access for all who may want it and or getting on and off. Thanks!!! Appreciate the pricing info 🙂 And yes TP…SYD>LA