Expedited PCR test needed after our cruise in Fort Lauderdale.

Lindabee5000

We will be taking a Celebrity cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in February. Celebrity used to offer PCR testing on board before debarkation, but it would appear that this is not done anymore.   Any recommendations, as we have to take a flight in the afternoon to Canada.  Therefore we cannot do a Quick Antigen Test, we need a expedited PCR test.

29 minutes ago, Lindabee5000 said:

We will be taking a Celebrity cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in February. Celebrity used to offer PCR testing on board before debarkation, but it would appear that this is not done anymore.   Any recommendations, as we have to take a flight in the afternoon to Canada.  Therefore we cannot do a Quick Antigen Test, we need a expedited PCR test.

Celebrity is still doing PCR tests but it’s now in the terminal after your disembark. You’ll have to pay and wait approx 1-1/5hrs for the results to be emailed to you. Apparently you have to sign up onboard. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Looking at that Nomi link for FLL (as a back up for rapid PCR test) -  looks like you can only do same date appointments?  How can you make one in advance?  Or do they not accept those?

Edited by Froufie

1 minute ago, Froufie said:

Looking at that Nomi link for FLL (as a back up for rapid PCR test) -  looks like you can only do same date appointments?  How can you make one in advance?  Or do they not accept those?

I have no idea. I was just sharing what I researched when I was possibly flying in and out of FLL.

• Thanks 1

You might think about buying the Switch Health LAMP kit from Air Canada/Aeroplan and bring it with you. That is what I am doing for my Feb cruise. I will do it the day before I disembark, and in the event the kit is defective (can happen) my back up plan is at the airport. NOMI Health at MIA told me they have a turnaround time of 30 - 45 min for the rapid PCR. 

• Like 1