Testing delays

Redtravel

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Took PCR test on Tuesday at CVS.  Results sent to me 4 days later.  92 hours later.  Website says return 1-2 days with 2-3 days due to increased number of tests.   If you need PCR test within 72 hours, have a backup plan.  

I have an appointment for us at OnPoint testing site near SFO and happened to call their 800 # with a question and was told to arrive at least an hour earlier. Also, their website has a notice that the “rapid” results Antigen test email may take 3 hours (vs w/i an hour) due to high demand. Fortunately, we’re doing it the day prior to flying but still within the 72 hrs.

Most major airports have testing onsite with results in an hour or so. SFO has a site in the terminal that does PCR testing with results within 60 minutes.  It's expensive but worth it. French Polynesia requires it within 24 hours of boarding the plane so for me, it's the only option. 

2 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Most major airports have testing onsite with results in an hour or so. SFO has a site in the terminal that does PCR testing with results within 60 minutes.  It's expensive but worth it. French Polynesia requires it within 24 hours of boarding the plane so for me, it's the only option. 

Yes. ExpresCheck in Terminal 3 at SFO is our backup - rapid PCR at >$200 pp. 

58 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Careful folks, I found that my airport’s rapid testing site was not operable on Sunday, when I was flying out to Italy. I’m not even sure that Saturday was an option, but by now I’m not sure of the details.
When scheduling flights, it might make sense to schedule intl flights on weekdays instead of weekends.

58 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Careful folks, I found that my airport’s rapid testing site was not operable on Sunday, when I was flying out to Italy. I’m not even sure that Saturday was an option, but by now I’m not sure of the details.
When scheduling flights, it might make sense to schedule intl flights on weekdays instead of weekends.

I've already checked and double-checked their hours.  ExpressCheck in SFO that Flatbush Flyer mentioned is open 7 days/week. We're arriving SFO the day before our international flight so we'll get tested then.  United Airlines flies to Tahiti only 3 times/week (Saturday is one of those days) so we have less flexibility with United than we do with ExpressCheck.

Sunlover12, good to know. My local airport doesn’t have as much traffic as SFO.
My comment was to other readers so that they don’t automatically assume testing at their airport is available seven days a week.

We all need to carefully research our options when planning travel.

• Thanks 1