Live from NCL Encore Jan 9-16

limeyalchemist

On 1/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, limeyalchemist said:

Puerto Plata was surprisingly fun, relaxing pool day.  We chose to stay in the Taino Bay port area, which just opened in mid-December.  It’s totally free, shops, and a very large and beautiful pool area with three bars surrounding it.  Cocktails and beers are around $7-8 each which is quite reasonable and that’s all that they ask, to buy some drinks, which many people did.

Many, many very comfortable loungers surround the pool and they have loungers in the actual water itself.  Will try to post some photos.

We were very happy to have an inexpensive but fun day at the pool.  We did not eat anything, headed back to the ship around 3pm and ate there.  Highly recommend the post pool area if you’re just looking to relax.  Only 200-300 people there and did not feel crowded.

We too went to the pool area at Taino Bay  . Loved it ,  we had 10 people ( mostly my kids and their friends . I was getting worried about the bar tab , yikes . But  It was very reasonable ..  highly recommend a day at the pool. Oh , and free shuttle carts to and from the ship .. ( Bad knees)

Back to your scheduled broadcast ...

1 minute ago, mpk218 said:

We too went to the pool area at Taino Bay  . Loved it ,  we had 10 people ( mostly my kids and their friends . I was getting worried about the bar tab , yikes . But  It was very reasonable ..  highly recommend a day at the pool. Oh , and free shuttle carts to and from the ship .. ( Bad knees)

One other thing , Hotel Mngr.. told me 33% capacity ( 1500 )

On 1/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, limeyalchemist said:

Posted several Taino Bay photos in my folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jdsYoj5ZFi9lEAEiaP5QS-TzavQ4m8bJ

Great Pics...   I just noticed you captured a perfect shot of my group waiting for covid results . Mind if I borrow that shot ?  that entire row starting from far left and my wife in the blue jacket ,far right ..

Thanks

9 hours ago, mpk218 said:

How much did the use of the pool cost?

• 4 weeks later...