Do RCI cruises ever get discounted?

I have my first RCI cruise booked for September and so far have booked with them. Is it true that they don't allow TA's to discount their prices? Do they ever run specials themselves?

Thanks.

Carolyn

RCI does not allow TA's to discount their prices.

HOWEVER - RCI does drop their own cruise prices and ALWAYS honor's the price drop, regardless of weather the booking was done by a TA or directly through RCI.

I say that specifically because some TA's WONT honor a price drop because it directly cut's into their comission.

Be sure to ask your TA if they will honor a price drop and if there is a cancellation fee (because with RCI, if you are outside of final payment window, they dont charge a cancellation fee)

You can always log on to RCI's website and bring up the going rate for your cruise. If the price has dropped for your category, you are entitled to a refund/discount.

Here are a few more links where you can check for price drops:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royalindex.html

Happy Sailing!!!

HOWEVER - RCI does drop their own cruise prices and ALWAYS honor's the price drop, regardless of weather the booking was done by a TA or directly through RCI.

I say that specifically because some TA's WONT honor a price drop because it directly cut's into their comission.

Be sure to ask your TA if they will honor a price drop and if there is a cancellation fee (because with RCI, if you are outside of final payment window, they dont charge a cancellation fee)

You can always log on to RCI's website and bring up the going rate for your cruise. If the price has dropped for your category, you are entitled to a refund/discount.

Happy Sailing!!!

Wow, everytime I log on I learn something new- I had just booked a April 2007 cruise directly thru RCI, balcony cabins at $1350 each which seems expensive to me - I realize and will keep checking that prices will change between now and a year from now but I was planning on calling my TA to see what her price is-I guess she will have the same price- I might as well keep it directly with RCI where there is usually always someone there to talk to Thanks for the info:cool:

Happy Sailing!!!

This is not completely true....Happy Hour rates are for new bookings only...it may involve the same ship/sail date you're booked on...and may be a "rate drop"....but you won't be able to cash in on it.Happy Hour's are always offered after everybody has made final payment...so you'd have to pay a penalty to cancel/rebook

I don't care what everyone else says about "NO DISCOUNTS", I have always paid a lot less for each of my RCI cruises.

If you do your homework and spend a little time shopping TA's and Websites, you can find the all elusive "group bookings". The balcony cabin rate on the Radiance for our upcoming cruise was around $2800, but we are paying $2184.

Good luck shopping around:D

We too have always got a god dicount off of rccl fares. If you search discount cruise brokers you will find them. They only thing with them is you cannot use any other discounts, but it is usually cheaper than with the discounts.

Flips

Our TA has to book really early because we have a group that wants to go to PRIME LOCATIONS at PRIME TIME. She always gets the lowest price and the rates always go up as the sailing date gets closer. Every time we have travelled the cruise was always sold out well ahead of time. I also take off season cruises on older smaller ships and shop, shop, shop for the best cabin at the lowest price with the most perks. Right now I have 3 TA's shopping an off season cruise and it is amazing the perks that show up. I have seen everything from onboard credit, to free travel insurance, to cabin upgrades, to coupon booklets, to who knows what. The really super bargains are usually found on repositioning cruises. Some of the prices are cheaper than staying home!!! I have been happy with paying for what I get on the new ship going at the prime travel season to the prime ports. I cut back on them by buying inside cabins. If I go in off season on older smaller ships I upgrade my cabin as long as the price is right. I have yet to book a repositioning cruise but when I see "free" air, buy one get one free, 2 category upgrade etc etc I think I will be doing a repositioning cruise soon!! Bottom line, if you want the nicest ship, itinerary, season then the only way to keep costs down is book inside!

I just checked on a few RCCL repositioning cruises out of Florida in the next 90 days. You can find prices discounted 50% or more! Ask your TA to find you a RCCL ship that is doing a repositioning cruise in the next 90 days and you can find some for well under $100 per person per day! Sometimes it pays to wait until the last minute! (As long as you have the flexability!) Just google repositioning cruises.

We ended paying less than our 450.00 deposit for our 11 night transatlantic last year:eek: . RC honored and gave us every penny of the difference:D . We got more than half of what we originally paid back, right on time for Christmas! :cool: Andros

You can do real good dealing directly with RCL Try calling them on Thursdays (their happy hour).

We booked the Grandeur 7 night repo cruise for 3 people less than $2300 total for an aft JS. Oneway airfares are no problem, as long as you are going into a major airport.

I don't care what everyone else says about "NO DISCOUNTS", I have always paid a lot less for each of my RCI cruises.

If you do your homework and spend a little time shopping TA's and Websites, you can find the all elusive "group bookings". The balcony cabin rate on the Radiance for our upcoming cruise was around $2800, but we are paying $2184.

Good luck shopping around:D

Agencies that have group space booked can sell it at the rate that they have in the group. If the price in FIT is higher you will get a chaper price if the acency has a group.

Archived