C-1 Oceanview Question

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

I don't usually pay much attention to which rooms to book within a category.  But I'm thinking of booking an ocean view C-1 category for the first time.  I notice on the smaller ships there are two C-1 ocean views way up front, one starboard and one port.  Is there anything different about these (other than location, deck 7 instead of deck 4)?  I suppose there might be more rolling and pitching than on mid-ship rooms on deck 4.  But that shouldn't bother us.  

They are slightly larger  because of the shape of the bow  & near the balcony cabins

The anchor noise  & wave action at the front  would be  a factor for some

We prefer deck 4

YMMV

• Thanks 1

On the smaller ships we like 4043 or 4045 in the C1 category.  The C1s are so very conveniently located to walk to GDR, front desk, destination services, and show lounge.  We thought we would hear a lot of voices and have foot traffic, but in four sailings in one of those cabins we have found them to be quiet.  Not sure about the even numbered C1s since the medical department is on that side on the R ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, JK300 said:

This is room 7006, a C1 category on the Sirena.

With a large window and clearly not a porthole. 😀

John

7006, C1.jpg

Thank you.  I ended up deciding that more space was more important than differences in porthole/window/noise/motion, so I booked 7007 on Friday. And while we love being mid-ship, being way forward might be a nice change, plus being away from the medical center can't hurt. We're on Sirena, so the photo above should represent the C-1 on the other side.  Thanks for the picture, John.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Thank you.  I ended up deciding that more space was more important than differences in porthole/window/noise/motion, so I booked 7007 on Friday. And while we love being mid-ship, being way forward might be a nice change, plus being away from the medical center can't hurt. We're on Sirena, so the photo above should represent the C-1 on the other side.  Thanks for the picture, John.

If you go to the deck plan on O website    hover your mouse over the cabin number & you will see a picture of the  window in the cabin with the curtains open

• Like 1

This photo is the stock photo for all of the C-1 cabins on deck 4 as well. If you click on one of cabins on deck 4 you will se the same exact photo.. I have actually seen the C-1 cabins on deck 7 forward and they are larger than this stock photo.  I thought it had a port hole and if you view the exterior photos of the ships you will see a port hole just in front of the last balcony on the side.  All this being said, it is a nice room and the extra space (which this photo does not show) is very nice.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CAG said:

This photo is the stock photo for all of the C-1 cabins on deck 4 as well. If you click on one of cabins on deck 4 you will se the same exact photo.. I have actually seen the C-1 cabins on deck 7 forward and they are larger than this stock photo.  I thought it had a port hole and if you view the exterior photos of the ships you will see a port hole just in front of the last balcony on the side.  All this being said, it is a nice room and the extra space (which this photo does not show) is very nice.

You are probably right about the stock photo

I just did not remember the ones on deck 4 being that big 😉

Yes it certainly looks like round windows on deck 7

image.png.98a1d5b27c65d852fe9f8cbdb55efd06.png

4 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Good choice.
Our friends stayed in 7007, on the same cruise like us.
It is a big round window.
We would chose the same room again. 😉

John

7006-6.jpg

7006-5.jpg

7006-4.jpg

7006-3.jpg

14 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Well done. I had one of those cabins for a longer (21 day) cruise because we thought the extra room would be good to have. We were so right. And so are you.

Talk nicely to your steward when you get onboard and they will find an extra chair or two for that space between the couch and the wall. Can be very useful.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.   The deck plan implies Sirena 7007 and 7006 are larger, which is why I asked.  But the picture that pops up on the deck plan is (apparently) a stock photo, little sofa pretty snug, and a porthole.  Room info says 165' -- same for other C-1 ocean-views.  But I'll expect a larger room, maybe room for a chair to look for a lighthouse/land ashore ahead of us/port/good weather/endless sea/whatever.  And it will be easy to go ashore and see our room up there on 7!   I'm happy.  (Doesn't take much after almost 2 years of Oceania withdrawal.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, rbtan said:

We had a C-1 on Riviera for our Jan. 14 cruise. When we boarded we upgraded to a Concierge cabin for $280 ea. With the ships being so empty, I'd recommend trying an upgrade.

C cabins on the O class ships are totally different than the R class ships 

but if you want a balcony  yes  try for an upgrade

42 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

C cabins on the O class ships are totally different than the R class ships 

but if you want a balcony  yes  try for an upgrade

Remember....not all up grades are good upgrades....  Excues me   UP-sell$     Nothing gets you nothing   "everything has got a little price".     Too, you  in many cases getting a cabin  that is in a location that  no one desires.... for a reason.   In short...  be happy with what you first choose.. and be choosier on what you might get offered.......

Personal choice for me is getting the larger cabin and storage over a balcony which weather may preclude you from using...   ( you visit the balcony... you live in the cabin.) 

Being forward , closer to the forward elevator is  an ideal location  to zip up to Horizons, Waves bar, Pool,  or gym...  Down to Theater and tender access.       Location  location..   Remember you will  not spend  many of your waking hours in the cabin.......     Just  my thinking

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rbtan said:

We had a C-1 on Riviera for our Jan. 14 cruise. When we boarded we upgraded to a Concierge cabin for $280 ea. With the ships being so empty, I'd recommend trying an upgrade.

How did you go about getting the upgrade?  We're booked in a C on the Riviera and might want to try to get upgraded/upsold.

6 hours ago, crooz4fun said:

How did you go about getting the upgrade?  We're booked in a C on the Riviera and might want to try to get upgraded/upsold.

As soon as you board go right to guest services & inquire about an upgrade. You'll likely not get it till the next day as they're getting all the pax set. It still should work in your favore, especially with the ship having far fewer pax.

11 hours ago, crooz4fun said:

If you using  a TA  mention you are interested in an upsell or upgrade 

Be sure to check the regular price of any cabins offered in an upsell ...you do not want to pay the regular  price difference 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rbtan said:

As soon as you board go right to guest services & inquire about an upgrade. You'll likely not get it till the next day as they're getting all the pax set. It still should work in your favore, especially with the ship having far fewer pax.

I suppose.....but I prefer to use a  agent, well connected to O as a top producer and reap the rewards O gives to them for the business.     I find that when up-sell are offered they are given to favored agents first before opening to  general booking.

As a rule O does  not give up grades..... they give UP_SELL for $$$ ot L   

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 11:40 AM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Thanks everyone.   The deck plan implies Sirena 7007 and 7006 are larger, which is why I asked.  But the picture that pops up on the deck plan is (apparently) a stock photo, little sofa pretty snug, and a porthole.  Room info says 165' -- same for other C-1 ocean-views.  But I'll expect a larger room, maybe room for a chair to look for a lighthouse/land ashore ahead of us/port/good weather/endless sea/whatever.  And it will be easy to go ashore and see our room up there on 7!   I'm happy.  (Doesn't take much after almost 2 years of Oceania withdrawal.)

I think you will be very happy with the size of 7006.  We've stayed in 7005 - offered a terrific DOWN-SELL once; it seems someone really wanted our concierge cabin to the point that we sailed for almost nothing by taking this cabin.  We did ask for two chairs for the sitting area and were provided them almost prior to sail way.  What good was that huge  porthole if there was no where to sit and enjoy the views from our stateroom.

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I suppose.....but I prefer to use a  agent, well connected to O as a top producer and reap the rewards O gives to them for the business.     I find that when up-sell are offered they are given to favored agents first before opening to  general booking.

As a rule O does  not give up grades..... they give UP_SELL for $$$ ot L   

You certainly may use an agent. We chose to do it immediately upon boarding. Not sure how much an agent would help. We do pay for the upgrades but feel a 560$ total payment jumping from a C-1 to a A-2 was a worthwhile payout. I did want a suite, but none were available.

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

We've always gotten upsell offers a few days to a few weeks before the cruise.  But they have never been $560 for two people.  

Is that high or low in your opinion? I feel that going from a C-1 to an A-2 for $560 for two was a pretty good price. Just our opinion.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Is that high or low in your opinion? I feel that going from a C-1 to an A-2 for $560 for two was a pretty good price. Just our opinion.

Oh, that a great price to me!   More often than not, we book F category inside cabins, and we've almost always been offered a low level veranda.  At this point it's been so long since we've cruised, I can't really remember what the offers were.  But I'm thinking they were around $500 per person, $1K total.  So I think you did just FINE!!!   If they offer me $600 for any veranda room, I'll probably take it.  But I'm certainly not counting on it.  

We've always been reasonably happy in the inside F rooms.  They don't seem much smaller to me than the veranda room once you pull the curtains.   And while the veranda is nice, it's not anything I consider essential.  If I want to be outside, it doesn't take long for me to get outside.  

• Like 1