Premium All Inclusive

2 hours ago, dingadong said:

Thoughts on value of premium AI anshiw

You will find every one has a different view on this, for us we always go for it, but we do like our coffee's and premium drinks and the free water each day and can's of none alcoholic drinks. Sorry don't have cost details. 🍻

Yes - they offer the ability to upgrade on board for the first few days of the cruise - and as each day passes it gets cheaper.

You pay no more upgrading on board than in advance so it makes sense to do it onboard - particularly if you are not getting on board until late on day 1.... you will also get the advantage of seeign for yourself what is included/excluded so better able to judge whether it is for you or not.

For us we did not upgrade. The standard offerings included branded beers, wines, spirits and prosecco ( for example Smirnoff Vodka) which were more than adequate for us. 

The premium gives you premium brands such as Grey Goose vodka.... which was the sole reason one fellow passenger upgraded ... she reckoned she got through around 20 shots of grey goose a day (1/2 litre!) so maybe she did get Value for money!  (Her partner also upgraded for the Strongbow Dark Fruits - he said he drank at least 15 a day... guess they slept well!)

The Coffee Port is also a major selling point for All-inclusive. However you can get Capuccino / Latte / Expresso etc from several other places on ship, and the big drawback of Coffee Port is that Premium All inclusive only kicks in at 10am, so if you thought of getting a nice coffeee to take on your excursion, then you may find you are leaving the ship before 10am so cannot take advantage.

Cans of drink would have been a positive of Premium AI - but at (approx) £10 a day, thats quite a few cans you would need to get through instead of buying your own at the ports etc and storing in your cabin fridge.

Edited by ferretktf
  • Like 1

On this sailing it was only possible to upgrade the day you arrived and the next day. If I had chosen to upgrade on day 2 it was the same price as on boarding. Believe me, I queried this and the receptionist contacted the Bar manager. I chose not to do it therefore. 
some of the wines tasted really cheap but the House White is better than the included Sauv Blanc and Pinot Grigio plus the Cab Sav better than the Merlot. 
Just my opinion and to my palate of course. 

6 hours ago, cinnamon said:

If I had chosen to upgrade on day 2 it was the same price as on boarding. Believe me, I queried this and the receptionist contacted the Bar manager. I chose not to do it therefore. 

Curiously indeed. On both of my recent cruises they printed the upgrade price in the  daily pamphlet and it reduced each day. I think the final offer was the last 4 days

16 hours ago, ferretktf said:

The Coffee Port is also a major selling point for All-inclusive. However you can get Capuccino / Latte / Expresso etc from several other places on ship

Thanks, where else do they serve premium coffee - bars or buffet? I think they cost £2.50 in Coffee Port, so pay as you go may be cheaper if only interested in coffee. 

We managed to get Capuccinos and Lattes in ...

* Latitude and Vista (obv mealtimes)
* Flutes
* Aperitif
* Indigo
* Squid and Anchor

Also had Irish Coffee and Baileys Coffee in all of the above as well. All included in the standard offering

They all have barrister machines..... n.b. No Takeaway cups - China/Glass only.

Not available on Pool Deck and only basic coffee in Market Place ... .didn't go in 19th Hole but understand that they are available there as well.

I won't deny that Coffee Port may be better quality (didn't try so can't confirm but there has to be a reason why they charge £2.50 - other than the takeaway cups!) but we are heavy coffee drinkers and the coffees served elsewhere were perfectly acceptable

Edited by ferretktf
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ferretktf said:

Curiously indeed. On both of my recent cruises they printed the upgrade price in the  daily pamphlet and it reduced each day. I think the final offer was the last 4 days

Definitely not possible on this cruise. 

When I used the Coffee Port on Explorer a couple of years ago the coffee was free at any time to Premium drinks package purchasers. It looks as if this may have changed. The coffee in the Coffee port is Lavazza which I liked and Explorers Coffee Port was an excellent venue with its own access to the promenade deck and after the first year seating and tables out there as well. In contrast the Coffee Port on Explorer 2 was IMO poor with no access to the prom deck and looked more like a high street coffee outlet than a comfortable place to relax. It did contain the 'library' if you could call a few shelves a library. Contrast this with the separate library on Explorer. You might guess I was very disappointed with Explorer2, not as good as the discoveries IMO. I believe that Marella did not want Explorer2 as they were expecting the current Mein Schiff Herz.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, ferretktf said:

Yes - they offer the ability to upgrade on board for the first few days of the cruise - and as each day passes it gets cheaper.

You pay no more upgrading on board than in advance so it makes sense to do it onboard - particularly if you are not getting on board until late on day 1.... you will also get the advantage of seeign for yourself what is included/excluded so better able to judge whether it is for you or not.

For us we did not upgrade. The standard offerings included branded beers, wines, spirits and prosecco ( for example Smirnoff Vodka) which were more than adequate for us. 

The premium gives you premium brands such as Grey Goose vodka.... which was the sole reason one fellow passenger upgraded ... she reckoned she got through around 20 shots of grey goose a day (1/2 litre!) so maybe she did get Value for money!  (Her partner also upgraded for the Strongbow Dark Fruits - he said he drank at least 15 a day... guess they slept well!)

The Coffee Port is also a major selling point for All-inclusive. However you can get Capuccino / Latte / Expresso etc from several other places on ship, and the big drawback of Coffee Port is that Premium All inclusive only kicks in at 10am, so if you thought of getting a nice coffeee to take on your excursion, then you may find you are leaving the ship before 10am so cannot take advantage.

Cans of drink would have been a positive of Premium AI - but at (approx) £10 a day, thats quite a few cans you would need to get through instead of buying your own at the ports etc and storing in your cabin fridge.

I was on Explorer last week and coffees before 10am are definitely included at coffee port.

5 hours ago, Kirstylou2022 said:

I was on Explorer last week and coffees before 10am are definitely included at coffee port.

interesting -  As I have said, i have never upgraded so can't comment from personal experience but it would appear that different ships (or different staff) apply the policy differently

I've seen reports from other recent Marella cruisers who say they were denied (with staff pointing to documentation stating premium AI runs from 10am - 2am (I dont recall which ship that was though)

On 1/18/2022 at 11:26 AM, davecttr said:

When I used the Coffee Port on Explorer a couple of years ago the coffee was free at any time to Premium drinks package purchasers. It looks as if this may have changed. The coffee in the Coffee port is Lavazza which I liked and Explorers Coffee Port was an excellent venue with its own access to the promenade deck and after the first year seating and tables out there as well. In contrast the Coffee Port on Explorer 2 was IMO poor with no access to the prom deck and looked more like a high street coffee outlet than a comfortable place to relax. It did contain the 'library' if you could call a few shelves a library. Contrast this with the separate library on Explorer. You might guess I was very disappointed with Explorer2, not as good as the discoveries IMO. I believe that Marella did not want Explorer2 as they were expecting the current Mein Schiff Herz.

Isn't that funny we are the complete opposite to you. We thought D2 coffee port pokey, disjointed, on the wrong deck and tiny but loved the openness on Ex2 and the fact it had booths, tables and chairs and sofas. We had the premium package and would visit the coffee port on Ex2 couple times a day but never on D2. Each to their own.

Ps we found D2 more butlins than Ex2 lol  think that's another thread 🤔

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, ferretktf said:

We managed to get Capuccinos and Lattes in ...

* Latitude and Vista (obv mealtimes)
* Flutes
* Aperitif
* Indigo
* Squid and Anchor

Also had Irish Coffee and Baileys Coffee in all of the above as well. All included in the standard offering

They all have barrister machines..... n.b. No Takeaway cups - China/Glass only.

Not available on Pool Deck and only basic coffee in Market Place ... .didn't go in 19th Hole but understand that they are available there as well.

I won't deny that Coffee Port may be better quality (didn't try so can't confirm but there has to be a reason why they charge £2.50 - other than the takeaway cups!) but we are heavy coffee drinkers and the coffees served elsewhere were perfectly acceptable

Hello 

The lattes in the places mentioned above are they free? Thank you 😊