Coco Cay dock questions

For any recent Coco Cay visitors:

1. I know there used to be a separate tram running up and down the dock itself, in addition to the one that loops around the island. Does anyone know if it's still running? Or maybe it was a "by request only" kind of thing ...

2. I think I remember a cement ledge along the dock where you could sit, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing it with another port. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Essentially, I'm wondering if it would be possible to sit and wait for a tram, or if special arrangements would need to be made.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

In November they still had the trolley from the ship and it ran quite regularly.  In fact, I recall seeing 2-3 trolleys there waiting for passengers.  Sorry I don't recall about a ledge but hopefully you won't need it.  

Normally when you disembark there is an area with a few chairs and a cover set up along with iced water and it is available all day long.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

The wall along the pier is not for sitting. It's across the safety line.  I have a knee issue and we rode the shuttle back and forth as well as the one around the island.  We didn't have to wait for a shuttle when we got off the ship.  They were sitting there and leaving constantly.  Also, pretty sure there were a couple of benches, but not sure because we didn't have to wait.  On the island, there are benches at the trolley stops and main stop where both shuttles stop.

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

Okay, here's a picture.  This section of the pier doesn't have a wall but as you can see nowhere to sit.  Other ports have benches. The shuttle is the blue stretch golf cart.  This was as we were getting ready to leave.

IMG_0952.thumb.JPG.f6e4712a176637ed1ff93afdbcdd0113.JPG

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BND said:

Okay, here's a picture.  This section of the pier doesn't have a wall but as you can see nowhere to sit.  Other ports have benches. The shuttle is the blue stretch golf cart.  This was as we were getting ready to leave.

Paints a thousand words! 😉 Thank you for posting this. I guess the seating wouldn't be necessary here unless there was a really long line waiting to get back on the ship.

48 minutes ago, 142w said:

Thanks for the photo! The shuttle doesn’t look like it can handle wheelchairs. I guess you have to get to the tram station to get an accessible ride. 

They have a couple pier trams with a wheel chair area. 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:16 AM, 142w said:

Thanks for the photo! The shuttle doesn’t look like it can handle wheelchairs. I guess you have to get to the tram station to get an accessible ride. 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:16 AM, 142w said:

There are trams and shuttles that have a ramp that would accommodate a wheelchair or a walker. You just have to wait for one.