What do you like BEST about Celebrity?

CruiseFever

No moaning here; What brought you to Celebrity or keeps bringing you back? For me, it's the elevated level of professionalism, especially in the customer service department...and not in comparison to other cruise lines, they earn my respect all by themselves. What about you?

I first came to Celebrity because of the reputation for service and good food, plus the more classic styles of the ships. I came back for my second cruise because of the great people I met and because the food and the loveliness of Century exceeded my expectations. I came back for my third cruise because I wanted to share the experience with my husband (I usually cruise with my mom). I'm going back for my fourth and fifth because I've been getting amazing value for my money, and haven't been disappointed yet. As for my sixth cruise -- well, I think it will depend on how the next one goes. I'm starting to get itchy feet and am interested in trying something different like Oceana or Sea Dream. And mom wants to go on the QM2 again (she went with my dad last year).

But really, on Celebrity, everything is clean and efficient and well-done. I know from experience now that I won't be disappointed...I'm afraid to try any other of the mass-market lines because I don't want to be disappointed!

Hands down, the fabulous crew.

Always professional, always courteous, always have a smile and a nice word. They do an amazing job, day in and day out. They keep these beautiful ships beautiful. They make all our wonderful meals. They provide the little touches that set Celebrity apart from the other lines. Most even seem to like their jobs and fellow crew members.

Cheers,

Everything about Celebrity seems to be just a notch above the others. The quality and preparation of the dining room cuisine; the constant attention to detail; the impeccable dress and professionalism of the dining room staff; the spacious and clean ships; the modern international feel; the pride and humor of a great crew; the consistency of product from ship to ship; and the feeling that you made a wise investment with your travel dollars.

:)

Kel

No moaning here; What brought you to Celebrity or keeps bringing you back? For me, it's the elevated level of professionalism, especially in the customer service department...and not in comparison to other cruise lines, they earn my respect all by themselves. What about you?

-- We requested a cruise from our TA that still had formal nights and was slanted towards adults as opposed to families. She recommended Celebrity and we were only disappointed (hugely) aboard Millenium on our second of four cruises due to the immense number of children everywhere on the ship. (It turns out that it was spring break in the U.S. and Mexico. I have learned since to ask if there are any school breaks scheduled around the time that we want to travel! And have since given up the idea of a cruise over the Christmas/New Year's period.for that reason)

The elegance, the formal and semi-formal nights, the overall ambience of the ships, dancing before dinner (and after) every night, the food, the fabulous staffs and a total feeling of relaxation are the things that not only keep us coming back to cruising, they keep us coming back to Celebrity; we are not necessarily anxious to try another line, yet, for fear of being disappointed.

This is a nice thread; it is interesting to know what draws other members to Celebrity.

Without question...it's the CREW! They are so accommodating, friendly, professional, cheerful, helpful and just plain nice to get to know. I love that Celebrity has an international crew. I find them all interesting to talk to. They also took very good care of my 5 year old in the dining room.

Also, we enjoy formal nights, the excellent food, the cleanliness of the ship and no announcements. The attention to detail really sets Celebrity apart.

We haven't sailed yet but... I jumped ship from RCCL because I got a 10day cruise for the same price as a 7day on RCCL. But also I kept hearing about the great service and food on X. Can't wait until April.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

We have been sailing with X since 1991, first ship was the Zenith and we were hooked...The service, the crew the beautiful ships and the good food..We took a cruise this past Jan. on RCCl,Radiance of the Seas,,,was okay, but we missed the "special" things on Celebrity;) ..May sound silly but the morning of debarkation there is no room service"which means no coffee, oh my gosh I couldn't believe it, that's just one of the things where X spoils us among many othere...So our next cruise will be back on our favorite cruise line:) ...

We echo many of the same things the folks above have listed. Our order would be:

1) The crew

2) The service they give us

3) The class of majority of the the Pax on X

4) The entire X experience

5) The martinis

6) The breadsticks

7) The T-pool

8) The specialty dining room on Millenium class ships

9) Elesio in the Martini Bar on Infinity

10) Did we mention the crew and the service they give us?

I love finding a great company and then being loyal to it and I truly love it when they come through for me and don't do anything to disappoint me. I am fanatic about Apple Computer, Subaru, TIVO, Amazon and in the last two years, Celebrity. Some of our cruising friends want us to join them on Princess or RCL or some other line but me, I'm for X.

Hello,

I agree that this is a very nice thread. My wife and I like Celebrity above the others because in our opinion (based on 14 cruises including all of the majors) that Celebrity does give you more in terms of food and ambiance for your money. And there is a european ambiance to Celebrity that both my wife and I really enjoy. This is not to say that the other cruise lines are not excellent cruise lines. The Royal Princess was an outstanding ship in all aspects of cruising but now it is part of P&O. When considering a cruise we look at Celebrity first but will look at the price and itinerary of the other cruise lines. We are going on the Mercury on March 27 but on the Splendour of the Seas in October of 2006 because the Splendour is visiting several ports such as Messina Sicily and Alicante Spain that we would like to see.

Fred

We keep coming back to celebrity because of service service service. The food is amazing, much better than the other lines - I eat a lot of fish and anyone that can cook fish to perfection for several thousand people is good in my book! Also - I have to share this experience...the first time I took Celebrity I was doing my walk around the ship while dd and dh were sunning at the pool (have to stay out of the sun dr's orders:o() and after I finished my three miles one of the staff came over to me with a glass of ice water and a cool towel. Now THAT'S service! I was like, wait can I take you home with me? I was equally impressed by the trays of FREE drinks that they pass out at the pool - lemonade, water, punch.

Every day when we got back to the ship from the islands they were waiting with cold towels for the face. Very nice touch!

Every day when we got back to the ship from the islands they were waiting with cold towels for the face. Very nice touch!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I had totally forgotten about that. On our last cruise on HAL, I knew there was something missing coming back to the ship at the ports. It was the cold towels!!!!!!! I loved that on Celebrity. Thanks for the reminder.

Linda

We started cruising Celebrity because of the commercials - honest. It was our first weeklong cruise and we wanted to be treated famously. They didn't disappoint.

We keep coming back for the same reasons. The service and the overall quality of the experience. Sure not everything is the best, but we are very pleased.

Specifically the attitude of the crew. I don't care who it is, they guy polishing the railings or the person cleaning your table at the buffet. All of them are as nice as can be.

My wife also likes the formal diners. Not just the "formal night", but the formal setting. She likes being waited on. If it was up to me, I'm might go to the main dining area once or twice a cruise, but that would be about it.

I personally like the lack of announcements. Go on some of the other ships and they never stop talking :)

We have thought about other cruise lines, but are pretty happy and don't want to take a chance for disappointment. I'm sure we'll venture out to other lines, but not yet. We have been on other lines for weekend cruises, but those do not compare. People take those for more of a party cruise.

enjoy,

Duane

We came to celebrity as NCL refugees - we were hooked six years and five cruises ago. I love

champagne when boarding

the martini bar where I learned to love french martinis

waiters who I wanted to take home with me

cabin stewards who seemed to know exactly when we were leaving our room to wish us well

wonderful food, leading to the dreaded weight gain

sail aways

padded lounges by the pool

etc etc etc

What keeps me coming back to Celebrity? Many of the things others have said previously on this thread; and to put it in a nutshell:

When I cruise, I want a good bang for my buck and feel as though I'm safe sailing with Celebrity. That's not all though: First of all I LOVE the Martini Bar, a great place to meet new found friends before dinner, and overall just feel I meet great folks who enjoy a bit of an upscale experience without being stuffy...and oh yes, did I mention the Martini Bar????:D Next is the service...last cruise our Asst Maitre D' from a cruise on another Celebrity ship 3 years ago was standing at the entrance to the dining room as we entered: I said: "I know you", and his responce: "Yes, the Century, September 2003" Now that's amazing...and that's what keeps us coming back!!!! Finally the food: Simply a step above the other lines!

Thanks for reminding me why I'm sailing back to Alaska on the Summit this May, as we did last May!

Archived