Nightlife

dopeyd

This is my first cruise and I am going on the Sovereign of the Seas during part of my spring break this year to the Bahamas with a couple of my friends. I was wondering how the nightlife is on the ship itself, like what people my age do on the ship (I'm 21) while at sea, what the atmosphere is like in dfferent places, how many people like me are on the ship, where people go, etc., etc. thanks.

My first cruise was when I was 21 (with my parents - college graduation present) and I was going in a cruising "off time" (end of February). I was NEVER short on people to drink and dance with in the nightclub at all hours. Matter of fact, after the sail-away party from Nassau, I was having such a great time that for the REST OF THE CRUISE people were coming up to my parents saying "SAW YOUR DAUGHTER! What a PARTY! How's she feeling, by the way?" To make matters worse, I was ON the cruise video grinding with the very sexy cruise director dressed as a half naked Indian from the Village people. Worse - I don't remember doing it... Even worse - my parents bought the cruise video and show EVERYBODY... So much for "what happens on the cruise ship..."

thanks for all your help, yeah i wasn't worried about there being other people my age to party with, i was just wondering what the whole atmosphere was like and where the good places were. I am definitely ready to party hard. WAHOOO!!!!

My first cruise was when I was 21 (with my parents - college graduation present) and I was going in a cruising "off time" (end of February). I was NEVER short on people to drink and dance with in the nightclub at all hours. Matter of fact, after the sail-away party from Nassau, I was having such a great time that for the REST OF THE CRUISE people were coming up to my parents saying "SAW YOUR DAUGHTER! What a PARTY! How's she feeling, by the way?" To make matters worse, I was ON the cruise video grinding with the very sexy cruise director dressed as a half naked Indian from the Village people. Worse - I don't remember doing it... Even worse - my parents bought the cruise video and show EVERYBODY... So much for "what happens on the cruise ship..."

Can I see the video too?!!!

Dopey,

I'm going Mar. 4th for my 3rd SB cruise and I can tell you, it is great. You'll know about 10 minutes after you get to the port terminal just how good it's gonna be. Keep your eyes out for the huge groups of sorority girls, it only takes one of those to make your weekend truly memorable.

In the future, consider the weeklong cruise, it's not that expensive, and you have a lot more time to get to know people. Also, bring liquor with you to share with your new friends.

And, give us a report when you get back.

Archived