Upsell complete! Few questions on Jewel owners suite

mcello77

Well, after doing a lot of reading on these boards (thanks to all) I finally called about an upsell for my 4/2 jewel cruise and just like that I went from mini to owners, the whole room cost less that one of us would have paid! We are in room 10504 Deck 10 port side. Anyone know if there are many differences between the four owners suites? I notice in different pictures they have different set ups and colors. Some look bigger and have a chaise lounge. Wondering what to expect and very excited! Anyone with pictures it would be greatly appreciated. Also, we are a group of 13 total, can I share the perks (reservations and things like that) with parts of my group?

Well, after doing a lot of reading on these boards (thanks to all) I finally called about an upsell for my 4/2 jewel cruise and just like that I went from mini to owners, the whole room cost less that one of us would have paid! We are in room 10504 Deck 10 port side. Anyone know if there are many differences between the four owners suites? I notice in different pictures they have different set ups and colors. Some look bigger and have a chaise lounge. Wondering what to expect and very excited! Anyone with pictures it would be greatly appreciated. Also, we are a group of 13 total, can I share the perks (reservations and things like that) with parts of my group?

The ones on 10 are bigger. The layout varies slightly but nothing to worry about.

The concierge will do reservations for your larger group. What I would not do is have him make multiple reservations, e.g. 5 here, 4 there, etc. Also, it wouldn't do to seat others in the reserved AA theater seating. I also think that priority tendering should be limited to the AA occupants and maybe another couple.

The butler will also bring food for more than the occupants, but I think you'd be pushing it to do more than a few cocktail parties for the large group. Tip accordingly.

Use your common sense. Don't overdo the privilege particularly at the expense of others who are paying for the cabin that carries the privilege.

Head on over to the roll call for our cruise, we are a small group but are planning a get together and I think there is another group that just got an owners suite upsell. we got a penthouse upsell, so I am sure we will all have questions and answers for each other.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=167827&page=6

Great Job - we are cruising a few weeks later and the Owners Suites appear to be currently booked, but we going to give upsell a try, maybe to one of the villas - there are two open - not the BIG villa though. Would love to move up from our AC to even more if the price is right.

Visit our board for some Jewel pics etc. Drop me a line with your experience.

Please explain the upsell process to me. We are from the UK and have booked through a UK TA, so I'm not confident that it's even an option, but it's got to be worth a go! :) We're currently booked in Romance Suite, 10666.

Please explain the upsell process to me. We are from the UK and have booked through a UK TA, so I'm not confident that it's even an option, but it's got to be worth a go! :) We're currently booked in Romance Suite, 10666.

UK Deb, do a search w/ upsell in the thread title. I do recall that folks outside of the US have real difficulty doing this - there may be some limitations. Perhaps do a broader search with "upsell" and "UK" for more specific advice.

One thing is for sure (or almost), your TA won't have a clue, you'll need to do the research yourself.

Archived