Are cruises coming into port allowed to use private excursions company

Susandt

The regs for visitors arriving by air and by sea are very clear, but I have not seen anything specific to cruise ship passengers. If the same requirements applied to you that apply to private sails it wouldn’t make sense…I’ve actually asked but haven’t received a real answer…
Will try again…

We are supposed to be in Tortola in two weeks and I see that our cruiseline, Celebrity, states it is back to ship excursions as of 1/20/22.  It was bad enough they cut our day short and I could no longer do the excursion on my own to the Baths based on the ferry times but now I have to go through the cruise line for my backup plan to Cane Bay.  With the ship excursion you are lucky to get 2 hours at the beach. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Susandt

As of 2/15 Tortola allowed Celebrity passengers to go ashore on their own.  We boarded on 2/13 and and I was told it was still ship excursions but that changed less than 48 hours later.  It worked out fine, we were able to get to the beach an hour earlier than the actual tour. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

@Susandt

As of 2/15 Tortola allowed Celebrity passengers to go ashore on their own.  We boarded on 2/13 and and I was told it was still ship excursions but that changed less than 48 hours later.  It worked out fine, we were able to get to the beach an hour earlier than the actual tour. 

Thanks for your follow up!

• Like 1