Silly reason hold times so long

nina_930

So I am on hold with Carnival for an issue cancelling that has to go to a supervisor.  Talking to the very lovely woman and she says it'll take 1hr 45 minutes to get in touch with a supervisor.  She can't hang up with me and call me back.  She also can not help any other callers while we are waiting for the supervisor.  So basically for 1hr 45 min this rep is doing nothing instead of helping other people.  Makes me wonder how many representatives are doing the same.

This would defiantly not fly in my business.  We would not pay people to twiddle their thumbs and do literally nothing.

• Like 3

That doesn't make much sense. Why would they not be able to call you back, do they really expect you to wait on the phone that long while they get an answer? Either this person doesn't know how to use their phone system, or they're putting you on hold while they check their email, Twitter, Instagram. Surely their supervisor would catch on to what this person is doing and retrain them. Getting employees these days is so difficult so it would probably take worse than this to get fired.

Get a PVP so you don't have to put up with this foolishness. There is no cost to you to use a PVP, they can save you a lot of time and aggravation. There are instructions on Carnival's site how to get one.

8 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

It is because they are working from home and only have one line

That wouldn't prevent them from getting the caller's phone number and calling them back after they got the answer from the supervisor.

12 minutes ago, dcsham said:

Why are you canceling, and why does it have to go to a supervisor?   Canceling is cut and dried with rules based on booking type and time frame that are clearly spelled out when the cruise is booked. Are you trying to get money back that you may not be entitled to?

Cancelled the night before the letter went out.  I can get my deposit back but a supervisor has to do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

Either this person doesn't know how to use their phone system, or they're putting you on hold while they check their email, Twitter, Instagram. Surely their supervisor would catch on to what this person is doing and retrain them. 

Get a PVP so you don't have to put up with this foolishness. There is no cost to you to use a PVP, they can save you a lot of time and aggravation. There are instructions on Carnival's site how to get one.

I have a PVP who told me that I would lose the deposit when I cancel.  SO I cancelled and then got a letter the next day saying I could get a refund. 

I had a discussion with this lady about just that and she questions her higher ups too.  Her supervisors are the ones who told her she is not allowed to call me back and she has to sit on the line and do nothing.  

2 hours ago, nina_930 said:

I have a PVP who told me that I would lose the deposit when I cancel.  SO I cancelled and then got a letter the next day saying I could get a refund. 

I had a discussion with this lady about just that and she questions her higher ups too.  Her supervisors are the ones who told her she is not allowed to call me back and she has to sit on the line and do nothing.  

Incompetence goes up the ladder. Just another reason I will vote no to all the Board of Directors when I receive my next proxy statement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1