Enchantment Intinerary Changes

We are booked on Enchantment for May 4. Tongiht when I went to make my excursion reservation, I saw that the itinerary has been changed from Cozumel to Playa del Carman. I'm fine with the change (and would it really matter if I wasn't since there isn't a thing I can do about it?) but DH is a little disappointed since he really wanted to visit Cozumel. RCCL has no listed excursions yet to Playa del Carman so I'm hoping some of you can give me some insight into what the difference in the two islands are. I read that you can ferry over to Cozumel but I'm hoping that won't be necessary and that we can find something thats just as fun in Playa del Carman. Anyone else in the same boat (no pun intended) with these itinerary changes?

Thanks,

You can still 'shop' shore excursions...jsut go to RCI site and look at all the excurstions available for that locale..you wont be able to book yet, but you can start getting ideas of what might intrest you. RCI did the same think to us for our July Alaska cruise...took off Ketchikan (we wanted to see the Lumberjack show!!) and now its Victoria Canada instead...Love Canada..but wanted 3 Alaska stops ...not just 2!!!:(

Oh well, Whats a cruiser to do??!!:cool:

You are actually in luck that the schedule has changed to Play Del Carmen...Cozumel is in the process of serious and painfully slow re-building after last year's hurricanes. From Playa del Carmen, it is so much easier to go to the attractions. Xcaret is right there at the port - a beautiful place where you can snorkel through underground caves, stroll through a prisitine jungle, swim with dolphins. Also, a wonderful tour is to go to the nearby ruins and after that they take you to Xel-Ha - a scenic park. You can tube down the river, dive off of cliffs, snorkel, snooze in hammocks, enjoy the jungle walks, and food. Xel-Ha is one of the best places we have visited in Mexico. It is great for couples or families. I don't think it was too expensive. And, for the nightlife - we had a super time at Senor Frogs in Playa del Carman! Happy Cruising!

Access your reservation on the RCCL website.

How? We booked through a TA ...

Oops, edited to say the RCCL site makes this easy - to anyone else wondering, just register and they allow you to add your cruise - you just need your booking number (the RCL one, not your TAs). Way to go, RCCL!

Archived