Cedarbrook Lodge Seattle

Natitude61

Sailing in June out of Seattle, and have been going back and forth between staying at Cedarbrook vs Grand Hyatt. Leaning very heavily toward Cedarbrook. Truth be told, we’ll likely to be too far wiped out after a cross-country flight and time changes to do much exploring, so the idea of just finding nice lodging and a place to hang out for the one night we’ll be there is appealing.

My only concern is that we’ll be heading to the port on Friday morning, and I’ve heard horror stories of traffic. If we hold off until 9:30 or later (not sure what embarkation times/process will be in June anyway), will we likely be okay? We are used to traffic (we’re from Northern VA, after all!), but just want an idea if it’s going to be an absolute nightmare. 

We are planning to take the shared shuttle…

Thanks!

We've stayed at the Cedarbrook a number of times and love the property, staff and amenities.  Definitely not a "typical" airport hotel.  It is surprisingly close to SEATAC but no noise.

We've stayed at the Cedarbrook pre-cruise.  We contacted their concierge and he recommended a car service for us.   We used the car service both to go to the cruise port (which was Smith Cove) and to pick us up at disembarkation.  The concierge can recommend pick up time given the anticipated conditions. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, kardut said:

Sailing in June out of Seattle, and have been going back and forth between staying at Cedarbrook vs Grand Hyatt. Leaning very heavily toward Cedarbrook. Truth be told, we’ll likely to be too far wiped out after a cross-country flight and time changes to do much exploring, so the idea of just finding nice lodging and a place to hang out for the one night we’ll be there is appealing.

My only concern is that we’ll be heading to the port on Friday morning, and I’ve heard horror stories of traffic. If we hold off until 9:30 or later (not sure what embarkation times/process will be in June anyway), will we likely be okay? We are used to traffic (we’re from Northern VA, after all!), but just want an idea if it’s going to be an absolute nightmare. 

We are planning to take the shared shuttle…

Thanks!

I used to live in Montgomery County and commuted to jobs in Georgetown, Crystal City, and Merrifield. Seattle traffic has NOTHING on DC traffic. I mean, you can see pavement and you're normally at least moving! 

Nevertheless, going from the SeaTac area to either port on a weekday morning is problematic. It'll be okay after 10am, though, so pick a later boarding time.

• Like 1

Fridays are Pier 91 busiest day with the Ovation OTS (5K passengers) and the X Solstice (2,800) being in port the same day.  The disembarking process is just just wrapping up around 10 AM and Longshore and the shoreside staff take a break for a quick lunch.  The terminal doors are closed, and usually reopen 11 am or so allowing passengers in to begin their check-in procedure.  Last season the goal was to wait until the ship was ready to allow passengers on to avoid close and prolonged waiting in the terminal seating area (Covid protocols).  We really need to wait until the season opens to see what the protocols will be this year.  

So, my suggestion is don't plan on arriving too early at Pier 91.  If you need to be out of your room at Cedarbrook by 11 am, then I would plan on leaving the hotel for Pier 91 then.  Make sure that you do as much of your check-in online as possible, and have all your needed health and travel documents (exp - passport, gov't issues birth certificate) readily available.  Check-in tends to run quite smoothly, and you should be on the ship soon after you arrive at Pier 91.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...