Informal poll regarding Ocean Ready Travel Checklist Steps 1-5 completion within 30 days of embarkation

Steelers36

Informal poll regarding Ocean Ready Travel Checklist Steps 1-5 completion within 30 days of embarkation  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been able to complete registration in the MC App and achieve Green Lane status by at least 30 days prior to sail date?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. If answer to Question 1 is YES, then please indicate your device and if you had difficulties in getting fully Ocean Ready (to Green Lane).

• I use Apple device and had issues
    • I use Apple device and did not have issues
    • I use Android device and had issues
    • I use Android device and did not have issues

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is great to see a large percentage of folks responding on CC have had success getting OCEAN Ready for your voyages. 

I have to say, I am surprised at the somewhat high level of folks who never had an issue getting OCEAN Ready.  There have been many posts about the struggles with MC App, so it seems odd to me, but at the same time encouraging. 

My guess is that the people who have no issues are less likely to read or respond to threads about the app

• Like 1

Zero problems with Ocean Ready on our Nov. 28 cruise and zero problems with upcoming Feb. 5 cruise.  Also, made dinner reservations for Feb. 5 cruise a couple of weeks ago.  No problems.  I use iphone 11. 

Personally I love the app, but mu husband who is not very tech savvy complains about it all the time.  Usually user error.🤣

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I was going to add a question if you had also tried to book Dining Reservations in DMW (MDR) and were successful and got what you wanted.  But, there is a limit to questions.  Please help her out with providing responses.

Solution: start a different poll. 

I found the results (so far) for this one very interesting.

Thanks for your work @Steelers36

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

My guess is that the people who have no issues are less likely to read or respond to threads about the app

Well technically its no help to the frustrated user if all I can offer is 'sorry,  it worked just fine for me'. So  suspect you are right, many with no issue just move on.   I read many and occasionally respond with a suggestion but mostly I am just thankful its not a problem for me (thus far...)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

And yet the majority of poll responders have never had an issue with MC App.

That was my point exactly. Participating in a poll is different from joining a thread about problems one doesn’t have. IME most reviews are when people have strong feelings. I wouldn’t expect a lot of people starting threads or posting to say “it’s fine and does what’s expected” but I would think those who are upset and frustrated would make the effort to say so 

• Like 1