Dine my way

Idratherbeatsea

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is a thread for DMW at or near the top of the Princess Board.  I think all anyone knows for sure is to keep trying. 

When is your cruise date?  Are you paid in full?  Are you Elite or Platinum?

What are your troubles?

Do Elites and Platinum's get preferential treatment for booking in the restaurants?

We did we we first tried making reservations.  At first the reservation would disappear and when we would remake it, the app would change the dining room.   However, now we are within 90 days of departure, we are not having any problems and we also made a reservation for the Crown Grill and it's still there.  When I first called Princess to find out what was going on, they told me that Princess is aware of the problems with Dine My Way and that on the app they are only filling 50% of the reservations and if we could not get what we wanted to be sure to do as soon as we board the ship

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Do Elites and Platinum's get preferential treatment for booking in the restaurants?

Yes.  Princess announced that when DMW was released and they still have that in writing on the DMW page on Princess.com.  Here is the excerpt:

Access Dine My Way

• Customize your reservations and other dining options.
  • Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Club Class and Suites.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

on the app they are only filling 50% of the reservations

Hmm .. I have wondered/suspected as much.  On some voyages, I could see the available space being gone with Elites and Platinums and the folks who have to wait until fully paid, are left with not much to select.  I am guessing they are throttling the access because of the bugs and lack of full function.  It then leaves a lot to the ship perhaps.  It's also frustrating for guests because Princess never says publicly what they are doing and why.  So, the marketing sells the moon and sets expectations that are not met, leaving guests disappointed and upset.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  Princess announced that when DMW was released and they still have that in writing on the DMW page on Princess.com.  Here is the excerpt:

Access Dine My Way

• Customize your reservations and other dining options.
  • Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Club Class and Suites.

I saw that after I posted the question.

Thanks anyway.

I don't think it makes much difference with the ships being half empty. 

Was able to book every night at the same dining room and same time, by entering each day individually. But the weird part is just one of the seven nights, a sea day, has consistently shown there is no availability in any dining room at any time.

I keep checking, multiple times each day for weeks, and I still cannot book MDR on that first sea day.

I see specialty dining in our future!

38 minutes ago, Dock B said:

Was able to book every night at the same dining room and same time, by entering each day individually. But the weird part is just one of the seven nights, a sea day, has consistently shown there is no availability in any dining room at any time.

I keep checking, multiple times each day for weeks, and I still cannot book MDR on that first sea day.

I see specialty dining in our future!

I have also seen where a single day or two seems out of whack with the rest of the voyage availability.  Hard to figure that one out.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I have also seen where a single day or two seems out of whack with the rest of the voyage availability.  Hard to figure that one out.

I guess we may be dining in that new specialty restaurant: The Twilight Zone-lol