Turkey Visa

Shirleya53

Istanbul Airport is the easiest place to get a visa - easier than the Embassy in DC! The line is not long, the US passport is not a problem, and the $20 in greenbacks will give you a visa good for 3 months - multiple entry. Getting an extension within Turkey was a problem, and I had to go to Bulgaria overnight to renew it!

I've never been to Turkey before...

I'm just letting Oceania handle it for me...

They charge $49 per person, so, I figure it's costing me an extra $58 total for the convenience of having them handle it...

I figure the charge is reasonable in exchange for giving me one less thing to worry about when I get off the plane in Istanbul...

Even if it's convenient, even if there are no lines, even if they take US dollars, etc., etc....I just don't want to deal with it...

The entire trip will cost me in the $10,000-$15,000 range, an extra $58 won't break me...There are things I like to save a little money on (like booking my own hotels at $160 a night rather than the cruise line's $1400 a night), but this one seems minor enough that it's not going to make a big difference in things...

I do not feel comfortable waiting until we get to Istanbul. And I do not want to pay Oceania for doing it. I know there is another way to do it. Does anyone know about this?

You can use one of the Visa services or if convenient, go to the nearest Turkish embassy. Most cruisers seem to use Zierer Visa Services and you can review their site at: www.zvs.com

Good luck....

I really do not understand you shirley.

Cost at Border $20 .....cost from Oceania $49

But you are not happy either with buying direct or allowing Oceania to make a profit for taking the matter entirely out of your hands......

What on earth do you want and at what price...........have you checked Priceline.com ?

Brian

Zierer will charge you more than Oceania:

>>PAYMENT: Total payment must include:

CONSULAR FEES and/or PASSPORT AGENCY FEES (see VISA REQUIREMENTS and/or PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS form)

ZVS SERVICE FEES

VISA/PASSPORT RUSH/EMERGENCY SURCHARGE (if applicable)

SHIPPING FEE (per address.)

ZVS SERVICE FEES (Effective October 1, 2005-September 30, 2006)

Visa Processing

Tourist Visas (standard-rate countries) $ 55.00 per visa

Rush Surcharge (4 - 7 business days)* $ 50.00 per visa

Emergency Surcharge (3 business days or less)* $130.00 per visa

Passport Processing

Standard Service (11 business days or longer) $ 75.00 per passport

Rush Surcharge (4 to 10 business days processing)** $ 25.00 per passport

Emergency Surcharge (3 business days or less processing)** $ 75.00 per passport

SHIPPING FEE (all deliveries are by traceable overnight shipping service)

TWO DAY - two business day delivery by 5:00 PM $ 17.00 per order

STANDARD - next business day delivery by 3:00 PM $ 19.00 per order

EXPRESS - next business day delivery by 12:00 PM $ 21.00 per order

SATURDAY - next day Saturday delivery by 5:00 PM $ 31.00 per order

AMERICAS SHIPPING (Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands) $ 37.00 per order

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING $ 48.00 per order<<

Oceania charges $49 total.

Or, you can wait until you get there and figure out the drill and save $29 per person...

Or, you can deal direct with the Turkish Embassy in DC or the Consulates in NYC or Houston...

If you don't want to wait until you get there, I still think handling it through Oceania is the easiest way to go...

I really do not understand you shirley.

Cost at Border $20 .....cost from Oceania $49

But you are not happy either with buying direct or allowing Oceania to make a profit for taking the matter entirely out of your hands......

What on earth do you want and at what price...........have you checked Priceline.com ?

Brian

From what I understand, Brian, there are long lines at the airport. As I said, I do not feel comfortable waiting until we land in Turkey. I will write to the Turkey Consulate in Houston and get a visa for $26. each.

We were there in April '05. Our plane arrived from Paris. It took about 10 minutes in line to get our visas. Had we proceeded directly to the baggage area, we would have waited there for 10 minutes as well - so we went right from the visa line to the baggage area and our luggage arrived moments later. In other words - we didn't consider waiting in the visa line any different that waiting in a baggage line. And yes - we met several folks who turned out to be cruisemates on our Oceania cruise.

Mike

Hi

You can get your visa from borders only 20 USD

contact info@seaspirittravel.com in Turkey they know all details & will help you

Rene is a FRAUD...

Used to post as "kevin"...but, same message every time...

The guy signs up and then searches every post that has anything to do with Turkey...and directs you to his tour service...

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are leaving FROM Istanbul here is the official reply I recieved from Oceania cruise services. The Turkey Visa is INCLUDED in the tour price and will come with your docs.. :)

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Oceania Cruises concerning your upcoming cruise vacation. Yes, you will receive the Turkish visa stamp with your final cruise documents. There will be instructions on where to place the stamp in your passport. The stamp is good for 6 months from date of issue.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Regards,

st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }

Cindy Cruz

Special Services Coordinator

Oceania Cruises

ccruz@oceaniacruises.com

800-531-5658 x2834

"For those who are leaving FROM Istanbul here is the official reply I recieved from Oceania cruise services. The Turkey Visa is INCLUDED in the tour price and will come with your docs..

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Oceania Cruises concerning your upcoming cruise vacation. Yes, you will receive the Turkish visa stamp with your final cruise documents. There will be instructions on where to place the stamp in your passport. The stamp is good for 6 months from date of issue.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you."

If you are going to receive the Turkish Visa..you have PAID FOR IT IN ADDITION TO YOUR CRUISE FARE..if you have not paid for it..Cindy is incorrect it does not come automatically..

Jan

Jan- since I don't recall asking specifically for a Visa, nor does my travel agent- why would 3 separate contacts at Oceania all tell us that I would be getting a Visa with my cruise documents? Is this something they normally do and you have to "opt out" or are the people at the special cruise office at Oceania all misinformed? I don't mind paying extra for it, just don't want to get my documents 2 weeks out from the cruise and find no Visa there. Is there a person at Oceania to call I can trust for the right answer? I thought 3 out of 3 was a good score, but maybe not? :confused:

Jan- since I don't recall asking specifically for a Visa, nor does my travel agent- why would 3 separate contacts at Oceania all tell us that I would be getting a Visa with my cruise documents? Is this something they normally do and you have to "opt out" or are the people at the special cruise office at Oceania all misinformed? I don't mind paying extra for it, just don't want to get my documents 2 weeks out from the cruise and find no Visa there. Is there a person at Oceania to call I can trust for the right answer? I thought 3 out of 3 was a good score, but maybe not? :confused:

I just spoke to the person in charge..it automatically is put on your invoice..BUT if you did not pay for it you will not get it..if you would like to have your TA email me, I will be happy to explain it to her..you may have paid for it but not realized it..

Jan

Where is the best place to get a visa for Turkey. I want to get it ahead of time and read somewhere----a while ago------- that you can get one for $20.00. We only need a single visa as our cruise ship leaves from Istanbul.:confused:

According to their embassy here in Washington DC, the fees for temporary visas have increased to $26 - for those of you returning from Istanbul - have they also increased to $26 when purchasing the visa stamps in-country?

Archived