Pcr return test

Cruisingrampy

On 1/28/2022 at 1:48 PM, macfam5 said:

Are you just planning on doing these tests after you disembark and are back in the US? I was looking at these as well, wondering if we will have our results back, we have a 2:45pm flight back to Canada 

Hi macfam5. The Switch Health ones can be done on the ship and you should have results within 30mins. Since there is a window of 72hrs to test before flying home, our group would probably "swab" on Thursday morning before heading off on our excursions. Although we will have the "ultimate" wifi package on the ship, I would hope that being close to land would make for less of a chance to have a spotty connection. 

If you choose to test day of departure, you might be cutting it close......or paying an arm and a leg to get timely results. 

Canadian airlines are putting pressure on the Feds now to allow fully vaccinated citizens to travel back using only a rapid antigen test. Not sure if this will happen before March Break, but my fingers are crossed. The $1350 is a bit steep. Guess we'll have to drink the cheap wine on board!! LOL 

1 hour ago, Priorgirl said:

I was looking at this one as well. Seems like a good option if it's accepted to return home to Canada. 

I'd be interested to see if anyone else with similar testing requirements has done this. 

Just make sure it acceptable to use for entering Canada 

On 1/26/2022 at 3:52 PM, Fouremco said:

The prices vary based on cruise line. With Celebrity, testing remains complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021. For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, the cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99 per person and vary by port and test type. I've not seen a price list published by Celebrity showing the cost by port and type.

For Royal Caribbean, all testing will remain free through January 31, 2022.  After that, passengers wishing to be tested will have to pay, with antigen tests starting at $105 and PCR tests starting at $210. Again, the price varies by port and type, and I've seen no price list.

Hopefully as more Canadian passengers are charged. for the tests we'll see reporting on what the actual costs are.

Looking at another link with each country's entry requirements listed, If that means every passenger pays $105 per port for testing then that could (if the rules stayed the same) add another $600 + pp to a cruise cost for a 6 port cruise. Forget it!

On 1/31/2022 at 5:15 PM, dog said:

I won’t be waiting 5 hours. Nor staying at port more then an hour. Will get PCR test at airport. But I allowed a lot of time before my flight, others find it less stressful to test before disembarking 

so if Princess provides 'free' testing for those who need it to fly home ie. to Canada, but you wait at Port, why the sign with the prices posted? Also what if EZ air books you a 11 am flight but your test isn't ready in time so you twiddle your fingers waiting at the port vs waiting at terminal to fly home?

27 minutes ago, remydiva said:

so if Princess provides 'free' testing for those who need it to fly home ie. to Canada, but you wait at Port, why the sign with the prices posted? Also what if EZ air books you a 11 am flight but your test isn't ready in time so you twiddle your fingers waiting at the port vs waiting at terminal to fly home?

I cannot answer this 

42 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Booking a 11:00 am flight home is risky especially when you know that you need a PCR Test prior to flying. Chances are you going to miss your flight. 

3 hours ago, remydiva said:

Looking at another link with each country's entry requirements listed, If that means every passenger pays $105 per port for testing then that could (if the rules stayed the same) add another $600 + pp to a cruise cost for a 6 port cruise. Forget it!

This is not per 'port' visited but at your disembarkation port - so only $105 or whatever the cost is per person once off the ship.

"Effective March 1, fully vaccinated Canadians who travel abroad will no longer have to take a molecular test - such as a PCR test - to return home, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. Those travellers will still be required to take a pre-arrival test, the sources said, but can instead opt for a rapid antigen test - which is typically cheaper than a molecular test and can provide results within minutes" 

Received this this morning. I'll be watching the news channels later today to hopefully get more info.

2 minutes ago, 2-4-T said:

"Effective March 1, fully vaccinated Canadians who travel abroad will no longer have to take a molecular test - such as a PCR test - to return home, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. Those travellers will still be required to take a pre-arrival test, the sources said, but can instead opt for a rapid antigen test - which is typically cheaper than a molecular test and can provide results within minutes" 

Received this this morning. I'll be watching the news channels later today to hopefully get more info.

This is correct however timing is critical - no more than 24 hrs pre-flight - if staying over for even one night may still need to get the PCR test as it is good for 72 hours!

4 hours ago, Froufie said:

This is correct however timing is critical - no more than 24 hrs pre-flight - if staying over for even one night may still need to get the PCR test as it is good for 72 hours!

The news release says "taken the day before" for antigen test. Hopefully this will be clarified well before March 1.

49 minutes ago, broberts said:

The news release says "taken the day before" for antigen test. Hopefully this will be clarified well before March 1.

The press release is ambiguous, but the Minister was not. He clearly stated that the test must be taken within 24 hours. This is consistent with the GOC's practise of using hours instead of calendar days.

45 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The press release is ambiguous, but the Minister was not. He clearly stated that the test must be taken within 24 hours. This is consistent with the GOC's practise of using hours instead of calendar days.

Silly question, does that mean you can get off the ship right away take rapid test and board plane that same day or not

On 2/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, DHP1 said:

Booking a 11:00 am flight home is risky especially when you know that you need a PCR Test prior to flying. Chances are you going to miss your flight. 

agree...later vs earlier flights will be the norm which, when flying back to west coast, means a long long day/night.

On 2/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, Fouremco said:

and judging from Princess site, you must WAIT at port until results are in THEN head to airport.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:41 PM, remydiva said:

So for the record I got off the Enchanted today and went to go get tested at the port if FLL.  Was off around 8:45am and the person at the testing station informed me that they would only test those that were flying out the DAY AFTER disembarkation.  You were flying out the same day they would not test you and you would have to get tested at the airport.  Thankfully I had brought a test with me and already done it that morning however I was talking with another couple off the ship at the airport and they had gotten off around 7:30 and were told that they had no more tests available at the port.  They had to go to FLL and pay $160 USD each to get tested.  They were going to go back to Princess and try to get reimbursed but there was nothing provided on the ship stating that would be possible or that testing would not be available at the port for flying out same day.

May not matter much longer but something to be aware of.

• Like 1