Most do and do not miss In this spain Ports for a first timer.

josephml1

I am looking for some inside tips about what to do and do not miss in this spain ports family with kids.  i read a lot but i am looking for some inside tips of all the cruisers here.

1) Barcelona

2) Ibiza 

3) Valencia.

Thank you all. 

Edited by josephml1

• josephml1 changed the title to Most do and do not miss In this spain Ports for a first timer.
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, josephml1 said:

How about valencia any most do there?

I don't know what most do 😉, but the must do's would be:

• walking tour of the Cathedral, Miguelete tower, Lonja (Silk Market), and Central Market
  • City of Arts and Sciences
  • Paella for lunch

https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/what-to-see-valencia/must-sees

You might also want to find out about Las Fallas and visit the museum.

https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/what-to-do-valencia/valencian-culture/museum-in-valencia/fallas-museum

• Like 1

No recc, I'm afraid as I've never been to Ibiza. Had this been the neighbouring island of Mallorca I could happily have given reccs. But all three of the major Balearic islands are "fly and flop" beach destinations for we North Europeans, so the beaches will be generally good. Millions of us visit each year.

This link should give you ideas. I'd suggest picking one that's convenient for the port and, also, has good facilities. You'll probably want lunch so pick somewhere that has restaurants - I'd suggest seeing where there might be seafood, it could have only been out of the water for an hour or so.

https://www.white-ibiza.com/inspire/ibiza-beach-guide/

By the by, we spent a few days in your home location some years back, when I put together a 3 week road trip following the War Between the States. My notes from the trip remind me  we stayed at the Colonial Inn and had dinners at Smythe's Cottage and the Irish Brigade Tavern (Google suggest the first two places may have closed). You're fortunate to live in such a lovely part of the world.

John

• Like 1

Valencia is a wonderful city to visit and  we love it there.

Although you don't give their  ages, it actually offers lots for children to do, and the easiest way to choose what would suit their ages and interests is to do a simple internet search with eg "Valencia for kids" or "Valencia for children"  I think you might be surprised at the number of options they would have.

• Like 1