Transport fm LAX to San Pedro Hotel

BridgeMates

My experience:

Arrived at LAX at about 4:30 p.m. via Alaska Airlines; Terminal 6.  Went down to Baggage Claim and got my bag; used the Lyft App to book a ride -- $39 from LAX-it to Crowne Plaza in San Pedro (Uber was going to be $44).  Found and boarded the LAX-it shuttle two doors down from where I got my bag within 2 minutes of booking the ride.  Arrived at LAX-it about 2 minutes later and my ride showed up almost right away at position 30B.  Total time from booking ride to getting in the car was less than 10 minutes.  The travel time was about 45 minutes including some traffic delays getting onto the freeway.

Edited by IRMO12HD

Thanks for posting. I’ve been checking & yes Lyft has the best price. That’s my plan soon. I’ll be in Terminal #1 & LAX-it is right across from the terminal. 

I just check the price & it was $ 34.99 & this is the time I’ll be arriving. 

I also checked Prime Time Shuttle & there price was $49. 

Thanks again!

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for posting. I’ve been checking & yes Lyft has the best price. That’s my plan soon. I’ll be in Terminal #1 & LAX-it is right across from the terminal. 

I just check the price & it was $ 34.99 & this is the time I’ll be arriving. 

Thanks again!

Tom😀

I found that the prices fluctuated constantly -- when I checked Uber and Lyft while walking through the terminal to Baggage Claim, Uber was cheaper.  Then when I checked while waiting for my suitcase, Lyft was cheaper.  I suppose it's based on supply and demand.  I forgot to mention that my experience happened on a Thursday evening (1/27/22). Good luck, and have a great cruise!

4 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

I found that the prices fluctuated constantly -- when I checked Uber and Lyft while walking through the terminal to Baggage Claim, Uber was cheaper.  Then when I checked while waiting for my suitcase, Lyft was cheaper.  I suppose it's based on supply and demand.  I forgot to mention that my experience happened on a Thursday evening (1/27/22). Good luck, and have a great cruise!

Yes you’re right about that. Checking just now for a few minutes I found the same thing although the prices were similar. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

My experience:

Arrived at LAX at about 4:30 p.m. via Alaska Airlines; Terminal 6.  Went down to Baggage Claim and got my bag; used the Lyft App to book a ride -- $39 from LAX-it to Crowne Plaza in San Pedro (Uber was going to be $44).  Found and boarded the LAX-it shuttle two doors down from where I got my bag within 2 minutes of booking the ride.  Arrived at LAX-it about 2 minutes later and my ride showed up almost right away at position 30B.  Total time from booking ride to getting in the car was less than 10 minutes.  The travel time was about 45 minutes including some traffic delays getting onto the freeway.

In theory you are supposed to wait until you arrive at the LAX-it lot before ordering an Uber or Lyft since the drivers cannot wait if you are not at the assigned spot when they get there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

In theory you are supposed to wait until you arrive at the LAX-it lot before ordering an Uber or Lyft since the drivers cannot wait if you are not at the assigned spot when they get there.

Thanks; that makes more sense.  The Lyft directions (I thought) said not to call until after I received my bags.  Now that I'm a little more familiar with the layout, I'll know for next time, and will make sure any future posts reflect that.

13 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I was wondering about that.  Thanks for the info.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:55 AM, scottca075 said:

Try Karmel Shuttle and also try Uber XL, which can pick up curbside at LAX. Neither should be over $100 + tip, one way.

No taxis do NOT pick up curbside and PrimeTime would be my last choice of possible shuttles.

Prime Time was EXCELLENT  FROM LAX.....HORRID AND VERY DANGEROUS ON RETURN TRIP.  WON'T DO IT AGAIN!  The driver was texting the whole time and swerving to all lanes on freeway!!!  One driver was absolutely wonderful, and the other could have gotten us killed.  

• Like 1