Standard Balcony room for 4

famof4togo

Does this exist?  A million years ago we had a balcony room (on another line) that accommodated 4 people (the beds came down from ceiling) but currently on Carnival do they have this option, or does it max out at 3 people (two in beds / one on couch)?  TIA....

PS...this is not for me but another family in our group that is traveling with us and I have already cautioned her about size/comfort/space etc....

Edited by famof4togo

Miracle...our friend is already booked in a balcony with her two kids she is just wanting to add a third kid...she is paid in full.....can she still alter the booking or would she need to cancel current booking and add the 3rd child to a new booking?  Is there any chance two rooms would be cheaper?  TIA

4 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

Miracle...our friend is already booked in a balcony with her two kids she is just wanting to add a third kid...she is paid in full.....can she still alter the booking or would she need to cancel current booking and add the 3rd child to a new booking?  Is there any chance two rooms would be cheaper?  TIA

Are we talking Spring Break?  You can run a mock booking to see how the prices are.  She can call to ask about adding another, again, it could be capacity controlled, especially if it's March or April.

• Like 1

We have done 4 people in a balcony cabin.  I think it was on the magic.  They make up the couch into a single bed and there is a bed above the couch that folds down from the wall.  Makes the room really crowded and small with the bed over the couch.  And if the person sleeping on the couch sits up in the middle of the night they will bump their head. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

We have done 4 people in a balcony cabin.  I think it was on the magic.  They make up the couch into a single bed and there is a bed above the couch that folds down from the wall.  Makes the room really crowded and small with the bed over the couch.  And if the person sleeping on the couch sits up in the middle of the night they will bump their head. 

Well, it has been practised before my friend. We used to do it all the time taking balcony beds inside the cabin to accomodate our friends or new friends from neighboring cabins. I wouldnt sleep on the balcony though. You can get cold lol 

• Like 1

She was able to call (3 1/2 hours) and make the switch from a 3 person balcony to a 4 person balcony...so we are good to go!  Thanks for everyone's help!!!

None of them have cruised before and are not prepared for how cramped it will be though...I keep saying that it will be smaller than they realize, and she just keeps saying "I've been to Europe I am used to tiny rooms" she has no idea...lol....