Can anyone recommend a car rental company in aruba

consmatt

• 2 weeks later...

We've rented from Hertz a few times.  They do not meet you - you need to walk a few blocks to the hotel (or at least that was the process a couple years ago).  

One note of caution - allow enough time to return your car.  A number of years ago we almost missed the ship after being stuck in traffic!  Around boarding time traffic gets really crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Aruba this week and had arranged with Royal for a car rental, a few months ago. We hurried off the ship to meet the representative at specified time. They weren't there. My husband called and we were told they did not have a car for us after all. No email or call from them...and no apology. We had a whole day planned out and they left us high and dry. Scrambling, we found a guy from Ritchi car rental who had a car... yes, twice the price, but he saved our day. DO NOT depend on Royal. Shame on them for treating cruise tourists this way. Please contact Richi, who were quick, understanding and reliably there when we  returned the car. ROYAL...such a disappointment. 

Just a follow up to my question. We followed the suggestion to try Royal and was very disappointed. After making a reservation with them we got to our meeting place outside the cruise terminal gate. No one was there to meet us, so I called and asked where they were. I was told that there was no car for us even though we had a reservation, No apology, just that the car we had reserved had not been returned. They had no cars, so they did not come to the pier. No email, no call, nothing to let us know we had to make other plans. It was a good thing Richi car rentals had cars at the pier and were very helpful.