Live Review Oasis Of The Sea 1/30/2022 - 2/06/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

14 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I went to Guest Services before cabins were opened and asked for a piece of paper to try to keep track of the reservations I was making on the app.  She handed me this instead.

I will have to remember that next time!  I am doing a B2B so it should be easier on the next leg.

14 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Looks Empty but did you make reservations for lunches and your evening sushi appetizers? We are udp on Oasis in March and can't wait.

Thanks for taking us along!

Welcome to the virtual cruise!  We made reservations because we are creature of habit but I really don’t think you need reservations for lunch except maybe hibachi at Izumi.  Remember that has an upcharge of $10.00 PP using any package but it’s worth it for the experience.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

@BennyBrun I see your biggest decision at Chops today is choosing where to sit... lol

I'm enjoying your cruise (planning for our 50th anniversary cruise on Allure next year), but I'm afraid all those pictures of food may cause me to gain some weight... <g>

Welcome aboard!  It was a tough decision and had to think about it for a minute lol.

We are trying to pace ourselves!  We want to go on Allure because I would like to see Mama Mia lol but I am going to wait when the entertainment schedule is more stable!

• Like 1

Day 3

We are going to catch Cats 🐈 today the matinee show.  We were told it’s long … 90 minutes with intermission and we want to be fully awake so afternoon show is perfect.  We need the evening to EAT so we try not to schedule any show before 9:30PM.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@BennyBrun thanks so much for doing this! It's been such a pleasure following along.  I'll be on Oasis next week with you on my first ever RCCL cruise.  Going solo and can't wait!  Thank you for all this great information and for getting me even more excited to sail.

How's the COVID situation onboard? Any announcements about infection numbers?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bakingbad3 said:

@BennyBrun thanks so much for doing this! It's been such a pleasure following along.  I'll be on Oasis next week with you on my first ever RCCL cruise.  Going solo and can't wait!  Thank you for all this great information and for getting me even more excited to sail.

How's the COVID situation onboard? Any announcements about infection numbers?

Welcome aboard!  First ROYAL CRUISE how exciting!  I remember those days lol… try not to jam everything in like I did.  Take it at your pace and leave the fear of missing out on the other side of the pier!

I did not hear about the COVID case but I will ask.  So far we have been in a bubble, tested negative, CoCoCay and sea day so no outside contact yet. 

On 1/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise Day-

Instead of going a trendy restaurant, we opted for good comfort Cuban / Latin Food.  Plus after the travel day we had we were in no mood to dress up.  El Rinconcito Latino Doral hit the spot.  The portion was large and the food was tasty!  That roasted pork with onions and fried pork skin crumbles was out of this world! It was worth the walk!

14606FFA-DB21-493D-AAAC-B27454A256EC.jpeg

2EA7EBE4-B69A-41ED-8BAE-FBD400324C09.jpeg

575270D8-2A69-40CB-987E-C9D9E2D3EE18.jpeg

DAFD3576-2A36-4EFB-9CEC-B8F375A2D0C7.jpeg

FBCAF83D-4B8E-45D1-BF7C-FB8DDC4BC407.jpeg

64152616-539F-4341-A425-A79C8EA4193A.jpeg

E2D638EE-B30D-49F7-8184-CC71A5BF569B.jpeg

0788F3B0-5C65-4A34-85B0-33A70EF3A829.jpeg

Ohh man,

the food looks scrumptious!!

I got to try it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

When is that?  I’m pretty sure I’ve decided based on your Apex review. 

I have sailed the Oasis and it was my least favourite for various reasons but loved The Harmony.  I’m eyeing up my first Celebrity based on your review.

Having sailed on both the Edge and the Apex, I would give the nod to the Apex.  But, the real choice would be the Beyond, which is coming out later this year.  It is the third of the Edge Class ships but will be slightly larger and have a few new wrinkles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCzUv9yK0uQ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 3

Made it to Chops!  The beauty of unlimited specialty dinning.  Lunch is included!

CE4DDE31-E2A1-431A-B9E2-6243FBC6C493.jpeg

Colossal shrimp cocktail, 9 oz filet with asparagus and mashed potatoes finished with a slice of key lime pie and a double espresso.  Sounds delicious.  Can't wait for June 10 to come.  EDIT   After seeing how bad the mashed potatoes looked, seems like the cheese tater tots would be a better option.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I will have to remember that next time!  I am doing a B2B so it should be easier on the next leg.

If you are on B2B, your stateroom attendant should have it in your cabin on the last night of your first leg.  At least that was our experience last month.  

As B2B passengers, we were able to book all shows early on turn around day.  They started resetting the app around 9 am, and we were still in the theatre waiting to be taken through customs and back on the ship.  One of the advantages of B2B in that you have everything booked before anyone else is aboard to do it.   That, plus your clothes are already unpacked and put away. 

• Like 1

I am so enjoying your review and pictures.  Thank you for taking the time, to take and post them.  If you don't mind me asking what type of phone are you taking the pictures with.  I am in the market for a new phone, and want to be able to take pictures with it on my cruise in September.

Thank you, Happy Sailing and Stay Safe

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

I am so enjoying your review and pictures.  Thank you for taking the time, to take and post them.  If you don't mind me asking what type of phone are you taking the pictures with.  I am in the market for a new phone, and want to be able to take pictures with it on my cruise in September.

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise!  I am using iPhone 12 Pro to take pictures.  Nothing fancy!  If you can wait I hear 14Pro is supposed to be a step up!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Enjoying your review once again.  Have you been to the Diamond Club?  Wondering if they are serving appetizers again?

Welcome aboard another virtual cruise!  I have not been to the Diamond club due to the unlimited dinning package… I have more food choices than I know where to fit it in lol but I will check!  We have been doing so well keeping our distance so if it’s not too crowded I will pop in.

53 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Not the poster but I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra which has a great camera.  I have had Samsung phones for years and anytime I have traveled and asked our guide to take a picture they all comment on how great the Samsung phone camera is.

• Like 1

Day 3 Cats

The cast was incredible very talented, however after speaking with a few people, the general consensus was that it was hard to follow, a bit incoherent and resembled the movie version more than the broadway version.  If you have the time you should definitely go see it but bring a heavy winter coat.  The theater is like a meat locker!!!  If you like broadway tune you should go see it as the cast was amazing.  If you don’t really like musical and have other things already planned you might not want to squeeze this one in.  Personal opinion!