What percentage before we turn red status?

phoenix_dream

45 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I see no issue with this. They are not roaming freely; they are in quarantine. They don't just send them to the nearest Hilton. These are prearranged facilities with safety factors in place.  The cruiseline needs to restaff and they need those cabins for other potential cases on the next cruise.  After their recovery they get right back on the ship. So where's the problem? I just don't see it.

Your correct, they use the Four Points Sheraton to quarantine people.

12 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If someone was sick enough to require emergency hospitalization, then it would make sense. It would be a responsible action,  

Moving non US residents (crew) into the US for quarantine when infected seems a bit much to me.  A negative Covid test is required to travel to the US, so I am not sure why it would be different, especially since they could easily continue to quarantine/isolate on the ship.  Maintaining low number of cruise ship cases by moving infected crew members to US land hotels seems like a terrible idea to me.  But anything is possible.

We let Canadians do it. Why would nationality matter? Or it would be better to drop off the Filipino crew in Mexico? Same difference. Land quarantine was all sorted out in the initial version of the CSO months ago. 

• Like 1