Jan. 30th on Equinox 12 Nights

bnurick

2 hours ago, JaneAustenCruiser said:

Oh man, the Solarium is my favorite spot. 😞 Ah well. Thank you!! 😍

We love the Solarium too but too hot in there to wear a mask all day.  We have been sitting on the pool deck just outside the Solarium.  No masks required there.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bnurick said:

Yes, Celebrity. Sea turtles all around. 

Was there a lot of people on your tour and other tours at Buck Island?   We have heard it can be crazy busy but would like to hear your thoughts.   We will be on the March 13th sailing.  Thanks! 

2 hours ago, TMaine said:

Was there a lot of people on your tour and other tours at Buck Island?   We have heard it can be crazy busy but would like to hear your thoughts.   We will be on the March 13th sailing.  Thanks! 

Guessing 20, two vehicles for transport.  Masks strictly enforced until out in waters.  Never felt uncomfortable.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

Guessing 20, two vehicles for transport.  Masks strictly enforced until out in waters.  Never felt uncomfortable.

Were the vehicles large passenger vans?  If so, it sounds like they were filled to capacity.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

Here are my rankings so far, to be updated as we go and evolve…

Celebrity Equinox Rankings Jan. 30th

( as of end Day 4 )

Stateroom Attendant = A+
Note: Efraim is top shelf.
Retreat Host = B+
Retreat Management = Not giving a rating.
Retreat Request Chat Program = C-

Dinner Lineup
(1) Tuscan Grille = A (Vino = A+)
Note: Juris and Pamala are top shelf.
(2) Murano = A- (Vino = A+)
Note: Vino top shelf.
(3) Sushi on Five = A (Vino = C)
(4) Tuscan Grille = A (Vino = A+)
Note: Juris and Pamala are top shelf.
(5) Luminae = 
(6) Sushi on Five = 
(7) Luminae = 
(8) Murano = 
(9) Sushi on Five =
(10) Tuscan Grille = 
(11) Luminae = 
(12) Murano = 

Port Excursions Lineup
(4) USVI Buck Island Beach/Snorkel = A+
Note: Clean boat. Great crew.
(5) St. Kitts/Nevis Catamaran Snorkel = 
(6) Barbados Swim w/Turtles Shipwreck = 
(7) St. Lucia Beach/Snorkel = 
(8) Grenada Catamaran Snorkel =
(9) Dominica Rainforest & Snorkel =
(10) Antigua (reworking) = 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Were the vehicles large passenger vans?  If so, it sounds like they were filled to capacity.

“Sounds like they were…” 🙄 50% full.  Your glass is half full…

———————-

Everyone knows seeing a glass as half-full is associated with having an optimistic worldview, but does it hold up to the test?

A new study of 2,000 Americans found that people who view a glass as half-full not only think more optimistically, but it may line up with even more personality traits including decisiveness, playfulness, and creativity.

Edited by bnurick
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, snowballs mom said:

Were there restrooms available on Buck Island? Thanks!

Yes.  There is a bathroom provided by Parks & Recreation, but would put in an emergency category.  Sorry for “Ipeeinthepools” everything is negative and hope you don’t have a pool and invite it over.

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The ocean

🙄 on behalf everyone reading.  Why don’t you contribute something or go away.

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Yes.  There is a bathroom provided by Parks & Recreation, but would put in an emergency category.  Sorry for “Ipeeinthepools” everything is negative and hope you don’t have a pool and invite it over.

Good to know! Your photo and review inspired me to bood this one for our Feb. 20th sailing.

2 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

Good to know! Your photo and review inspired me to bood this one for our Feb. 20th sailing.

This is actually our second time on this excursion.  2019 was the last time.  If you like to snorkel it’s top five.  Water current is higher but the area being within the National Park insures you see lot’s.  A dolphin, many turtles, 8 barracuda, a HUGE lobster, countless types of fish, etc.  We would book every time.  There was one couple that didn’t snorkel and they enjoyed themselves.  Have fun.

21 minutes ago, bnurick said:

FYI, I'm glad you found a restroom, no one ever showed us one on a previous trip to Buck Island.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bnurick said:

This is actually our second time on this excursion.  2019 was the last time.  If you like to snorkel it’s top five.  Water current is higher but the area being within the National Park insures you see lot’s.  A dolphin, many turtles, 8 barracuda, a HUGE lobster, countless types of fish, etc.  We would book every time.  There was one couple that didn’t snorkel and they enjoyed themselves.  Have fun.

I am on the Equinox for the March 13th sailing. I appreciate your time and effort giving us valuable information in order to get a better idea of things to come. I know things are very fluid and can change in any direction, but hope is key. Can you please tell me, do most people bring their own snorkel gear or is most rented. You too have inspired me to look at this excursion. Have not snorkeled in 20 years.

Geri☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dreamer10 said:

I am on the Equinox for the March 13th sailing. I appreciate your time and effort giving us valuable information in order to get a better idea of things to come. I know things are very fluid and can change in any direction, but hope is key. Can you please tell me, do most people bring their own snorkel gear or is most rented. You too have inspired me to look at this excursion. Have not snorkeled in 20 years.

Geri☺️

If you take an excursion they usually supply the equipment. My husband loves to snorkel, but I have not in done it in about 15 years. He brings his own mask and snorkel and does not use the flippers. I had an old set from Costco, and I will use the snorkel from that along with a new mask I just purchased from Amazon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dreamer10 said:

Geri☺️

There might have been one person that brought a snorkel mask.  Everyone used what was provided.  The mask actually was the best one I’ve used.  Should have looked at the brand as we do own our own.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A quick question.   What is the Retreat Request Chat Program?    I have never heard of it.

There is a QR Code to bring up the chat in your internet browser.  You have to start a chat and the idea is it keeps going so there is communication.  Especially when off the ship so something can be done in advance.  It ends chat sessions whenever I try it, so it’s not like texting on your phone.  Good idea, just doesn’t work smooth.  Thanks.

A1315FC5-E858-499D-9ADA-3BE4D49A9C98.jpeg

39A83B9C-2DF1-4C8D-86F7-32D2003DA7FB.png

St. Kitts and Nevis snorkel and beach in a catamaran.  Masks required until we got underway.  Capacity versus Passengers is about 50% I’m guessing.  Feels safe and everyone is having a great time.  Excellent crew.  Just getting started and headed to first stop, snorkel.

8ED18ED4-75F5-431E-A1E7-7D238982B3EF.jpeg

F64CDC8E-8CC0-4C3D-BDF5-BF1E961274B0.jpeg

D1E704E5-98BD-4BF6-8DAE-C259C87B8FFD.jpeg

On 1/30/2022 at 1:24 PM, RetroSister said:

Thanks for sharing this! We are booked on the 12 night Ultimate Southern Caribbean departed April 2, and I'm looking forward to reading all of your experiences on board! It's been so difficult to find accurate information on which ports we'll be able to see on our own and which will require excursions through Celebrity. I'm sure they'd prefer that we book 100% through them, but I'd rather get to do our own thing as much as possible!

BTW, that martini looks fabulous!!

r - unfortunately, ports on your own is and will continue to be a moving target as X is at the mercy and policy guidelines of each country.

As such, ports available on our own today, may be off limits tomorrow...

A good source may be to monitor the Ports Boards here on CC and each individual country to which the ship is to dock. Which brings to mind that even ports can be changed at a moments notice ruining plans one may have had for that stop.

bon voyage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 2:34 PM, canderson said:

@bnurick

Wish someone would drop a daily on our bed tonight!  Seems a long time since our November cruise, and a long time until out next one in October.  Thanks for sharing yours!

c let your room attendant that you would really be grateful if they would leave The Daily on the bed at turn down...LOL

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

r - unfortunately, ports on your own is and will continue to be a moving target as X is at the mercy and policy guidelines of each country.

As such, ports available on our own today, may be off limits tomorrow...

A good source may be to monitor the Ports Boards here on CC and each individual country to which the ship is to dock. Which brings to mind that even ports can be changed at a moments notice ruining plans one may have had for that stop.

bon voyage

"Moving target" is a perfect description! I figure the more information we have the more nimble we can be making decisions as close to the date as possible. I agree monitoring the Ports Boards is the best way to keep up with what passengers are experiencing on a day to day basis. I hope we get to visit Dominica, since we haven't been there since our 1992 honeymoon, but if it gets canceled we might just need to go there for our 31st anniversary instead. 😄We'll just be happy to be going somewhere!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bnurick said:

St. Kitts and Nevis snorkel and beach in a catamaran.  Masks required until we got underway.  Capacity versus Passengers is about 50% I’m guessing.  Feels safe and everyone is having a great time.  Excellent crew.  Just getting started and headed to first stop, snorkel.

8ED18ED4-75F5-431E-A1E7-7D238982B3EF.jpeg

F64CDC8E-8CC0-4C3D-BDF5-BF1E961274B0.jpeg

D1E704E5-98BD-4BF6-8DAE-C259C87B8FFD.jpeg

Rating is A+ highly recommend.

5E38D62D-A113-4976-B655-3D2A1A8D601F.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 2