Specialty dining on Majestic for Alaskan cruise

fattydodo

I am really interested in finding out the dress code for the speciality dining restaurants on the Majestic.  We are going to be sailing to Alaska on that ship and have a special birthday to celebrate but we do not want to have to take special attire to enjoy dining in the speciality restaurants  Can any one tell me if it is acceptable to go with casual, cargo pants, jeans, shirt, sweater, etc. into any of these restaurants?  Thank you.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:03 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

IIRC - the official phase is "smart casual", but on Alaska itin you can probably get away w/nice jeans.

Nice jeans are part of smart casual.  As long as there are no rips.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, fattydodo said:

I am really interested in finding out the dress code for the specialty dining restaurants on the Majestic.  We are going to be sailing to Alaska on that ship and have a special birthday to celebrate but we do not want to have to take special attire to enjoy dining in the specialty restaurants  Can any one tell me if it is acceptable to go with casual, cargo pants, jeans, shirt, sweater, etc. into any of these restaurants?  Thank you.

An important thing to realize that all ships on all voyages have the same dress situation, so SD options are all smart casual all the time.

21 hours ago, copi2boys said:

We will be taking our first cruise to Alaska on Princess this summer also.  Are there “formal nights?”  If so, how many? 

yes to formal nights, the # depends on the length of the cruise...generally 2 for 7-10 day, 3 for 14, in practice formal covers a huge range of attire on any princess ship I have sailed