Deck 14

Huggsy

Hi all. Looking at a Penthouse A, top deck of Splendor - assume it would be a great location but wondering if there is any noise, either inside or out on the balcony. Did a bit of a search but couldn't find any postings or comments.

I can't speak from experience, but I imagine, looking at the deck plan,  it would be quiet.  Since it's the top deck, no one above you and there are cabins below.    Since it's forward, and a deck above the pool deck, probably not much noise.  If you're in the last cabin aft, I suppose you could hear on the balcony when there's music on the pool deck, but I think that these would be great cabins!  One caution, high up and forward you would feel motion so if you're prone to motion sickness I'd go center lower.  Just my thoughts.  

• Thanks 1

We are currently on Explorer in cabin 1408. Granted, our cruise has been in remarkably smooth waters, but I historically get motion sick and have only felt minimal motion. In fact, I feel like I am gently rocked to sleep every night! It is very quiet and we don't have to traverse long hallways. No one is above us. Our direct vision straight down is slightly impeded by the cabins on deck 10 which stick out a little but the view is great. I like this deck. That being said, we are selecting a PH A cabin on deck 10 for our next cruise only because the verandah is a little wider. The negative will be that people above us can look down and see us. I would definitely pick this deck 14 again and love the cabin design layout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Huggsy said:

Hi all. Looking at a Penthouse A, top deck of Splendor - assume it would be a great location but wondering if there is any noise, either inside or out on the balcony. Did a bit of a search but couldn't find any postings or comments.

It's top deck forward, so will also depend on the specific itinerary.  We'd be weary of picking it for on ocean crossing, for instance.

Also, the rooms don't have the full balcony as the ones on the lower floors.  PH balcony size very much depends on the location.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect a dated thread, but for folks who enjoy sun on their balcony - would you suggest deck 10 or deck 14? Is deck 14 totally exposed? Deck 10 nearly double the size but half sun and half shade? Of course all depends on angles of sun and which way you're headed, etc. 

On 1/31/2022 at 4:54 PM, GoNavyFamily said:

We are currently on Explorer in cabin 1408. Granted, our cruise has been in remarkably smooth waters, but I historically get motion sick and have only felt minimal motion. In fact, I feel like I am gently rocked to sleep every night! It is very quiet and we don't have to traverse long hallways. No one is above us. Our direct vision straight down is slightly impeded by the cabins on deck 10 which stick out a little but the view is great. I like this deck. That being said, we are selecting a PH A cabin on deck 10 for our next cruise only because the verandah is a little wider. The negative will be that people above us can look down and see us. I would definitely pick this deck 14 again and love the cabin design layout.

Thanks for your report, we are in suite 1404 in two weeks today, really looking forward to it.