Uniworld Covid Testing

kk20

We had originally booked with Crystal to do a river cruise in 2023, but have since cancelled because of the company’s uncertainty. We also had our spring 2022 trip cancelled by Air Canada, so I’ve been looking at options for an April 2022 river cruise.

Uniworld has a couple of attractively priced cruises, but I have a few questions that I can’t find answers to on their website. Hopefully the veterans here who have cruised with them during the pandemic can answer them.

Is a pcr or antigen covid test required before we board the ship? (I’m only seeing that you must be fully vaxxed and have the required testing done in accordance with the arrival country’s mandates)

As a Canadian, we are required to have a pcr test done prior to flying back home. On the website it states “Tests that are required onboard for the re-entry to a guest’s home country will be at the expense of the guest; however our onboard team will help facilitate those mandatory tests with as little impact as possible to the guest experience” 

Has anyone had this done? Does Uniworld have a company perform the pcr test onboard, or do they arrange for us to go to a clinic at the appropriate port? (We are not planning on extending our stay at our departure port) Also, what was the cost of the pcr test?

thanks in advance for taking the time to answer! 

• 1 month later...

We will be sailing Uniworld next month for the first time. It is my understanding that you do not need a negative test prior to embarkation (although we will have one anyway, in order to enter the Netherlands). 

As far as homegoing I cannot help. We are staying a few days after the cruise in Switzerland and are bringing “proctored” tests from home in order to re-enter the US. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, Gopherpharm said:

We will be sailing Uniworld next month for the first time. It is my understanding that you do not need a negative test prior to embarkation (although we will have one anyway, in order to enter the Netherlands). 

As far as homegoing I cannot help. We are staying a few days after the cruise in Switzerland and are bringing “proctored” tests from home in order to re-enter the US. 

@Gopherpharm - I was searching for whether Uniworld requires Covid testing pre-cruise (our cruise in the Enchanting Danube next month).  I will call them during the week to ask specifically about our cruise, but I came across this post, and wondered if you can now confirm that you were not or are not being required to test negative prior to your cruise?

Tom & Judy

Wife and I are on Uniworld Catherine beginning 19 June 22. We are both recovering from the latest variant of Covid. My wife used the Pfizer tablets, and was advised not to get a booster for 6 months, I used a monocronal infusion, and was also advised not to get a booster, and even though cured I may test positive for up to 90 days. Do you think we will be able to enter France

The rules are different in many countries but recently there was no pre-test requirement to enter France, just proof of up to date vaccination or recovery.  Each cruise line has their own requirements, too.  

It’s my understanding that PCR tests if you have virus, even in small amounts and the Antigen tests to see if you’re still contagious.