Amerisuites - 17th St. - Review

tutak

I had reservations through ValueTrips for 4 rooms at Amerisuites (17th Street) for a pre-cruise stay on Friday, Feb. 3, 2006. We paid $99 per room. Our group consisted of 4 couples plus one of the guy's mom.

At FLL, I went to the board and called Amerisuites for the shuttle and told them we had 9 people. Within about 5 minutes, the shuttle arrived. Since there were others going to the hotel, only 5 from our group got on the shuttle. When we arrived at the hotel (about 1:15 in the afternoon), we were immeditely able to check in. I took our bags to the room for The Boss to unpack. I went back to the desk to wait for the rest of our group. The shuttle had immediately gone back to the airport and brought our remiaing 4 people. They were able to check in right away. All of our rooms were fine. Everything worked properly. As mentioned in other posts, the desk had seen some wear. We walked from the hotel, had lunch at Quarterdeck on Cordova and bought some needed supplies at Crown Liquor.

There is a new shopping area directly to the east of Amerisuites and behind Embassy Suites. The Boss and I bought wine and snacks at the Publix there.

On Saturday morning, we went down for the included breakfast. I had scrambled eggs and sausage. The Boss had some eggs and waffles. They have the waffle mix in a cup. You have to pour your own in the waffle iron. Breakfast was fine. We tend to get up early, so few were at breakfst. Later, it began to crowd.

At about 10:45, everyone in our group went down and checked out. When we walked outside, there was a tremendous crowd waiting to take the shuttle to the ships. We elected to take cabs. I had the hotel call 4 cabs in my name. Although traffic was a nightmare, we all arrived at the terminal by 11:30.

Although our experience was a pleasant one, you must remember that the hotel must have had many available rooms over Thursday night, so we were able to easily check in on Friday. The hotel was sold out for Friday night. I would imagine that cruisers coming in to stay Saturday night would have a different experience since all the rooms would have been occupied nad the shuttle was overwhelmed taking people to the ships much less go to the airport.

It's great to read a good review for a change. We will be there this Friday - pre-cruise. I want to go somewhere to buy a cheap blender and small coffee maker (and I see there's a Crown Liquor so we're good to go there). Any suggestions on the blender and coffee maker - (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.)

Although our experience was a pleasant one, you must remember that the hotel must have had many available rooms over Thursday night, so we were able to easily check in on Friday. The hotel was sold out for Friday night. I would imagine that cruisers coming in to stay Saturday night would have a different experience since all the rooms would have been occupied nad the shuttle was overwhelmed taking people to the ships much less go to the airport.

I am sure that you are right about the day you come in. We were there on a Saturday night and it was bedlam. Of course there was a " group of hippies" according to the deskclerk who refused to vacate their rooms on time and 2 busses of preteen there for a dance /cheerleading convention!

Lots of cruisers too, but even so, the shuttle went fairly smooth and we did not wait long for it. Just had a hard time getting checked in and facing a trashed breakfast. WHat would you expect with 50 13 yr olds fending for themselves:)

I have booked two pre-cruise evenings in December for $75. per night! since it cost us 200. at the ES this past December, and with the foreknowledge it will have undergone its renovations from Hyatt....I am wishing for a wonderful room at a Cheap price prior to a Christmas and NY cruise....Dreams can help keep the days filled until the next trip!

LHC

Archived