Club Orange

allinthesameboat

You’ll see a variety of responses from those who love it and those who don’t.  The “nays” are mostly from people who haven’t had/experienced it.

From my point of view, I appreciate it for the small dining room experience vs dining in the Lido or the MDR.  But the separate dining room is only available on the Pinnacle-class ships. 

Others like it for the upgrade in rooms within the category purchased.  What ship are you looking at and we’ll be able to respond with specifics.  Also do a search on the topic in this forum as there are lots of prior threads.

• Thanks 1

My wife and I booked Club Orange for our Feb 2020 cruise on Nieuw Statendam.  The dining room was very nice and we liked the perk of not having to wait for a tender or in line at Guest Services.  The cabin upgrade was useful as well.  Overall, it was nice to be pampered.  

We enjoyed Club Orange enough that we’ve booked it for our sailing this month on Rotterdam.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We really like Club Orange on the Pinnacle ships. We had it once on the Koningsdam because we were in a Neptune Suite and liked it so much that we purchased it for our next cruise on the Rotterdam when we weren’t in a Neptune Suite. I wouldn’t purchase it on other class ships because there isn’t a designated Club Orange restaurant. 

The benefits for us were the designated line on embarkation, the designated restaurant for breakfast and dinner, the designated line at Guest Services, and the Mimosas at breakfast which really doesn’t matter if you have a beverage package but they get to know what you like and want and Mimosas magically appear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our experience similar to Sharon’s and we liked it for all the same reasons. 

There was an exceptionally good wine steward in CO back in 2019 when we first had it with a Neptune booking. On our November Rotterdam cruise, I don’t recall a wine steward, just the waiter delivery system as in the MDR now. However, the wait staff was so attentive in CO, there were no delays. Perhaps there is a better ratio of passenger to server than in the MDR. It certainly seemed that way.

• Like 1

Club Orange is a waste of money IMO, UNLESS you are on a Pinnacle class ship.  They have a dedicated Club Orange dining area which we really liked vs the Main Dining Room.  The ability to get a free cabin upgrade is also a plus, especially if you are in a guarantee category.