Carnival no longer offering covid testing at the terminal?

icft

Since it is difficult to get a covid test appointment where we live unless you exhibit symptoms, we just tried to schedule a test at the port. Following the link in the Carnival "Return to Service FAQs" link for testing in Baltimore, Galveston, Long Beach and New Orleans, no testing for Carnival cruises was offered. I emailed our PVP and he responded:

"At this time for cruises from February 4th – April 30th, we are only offering testing with those ships you listed." Here's the list:

image.thumb.png.47d77c2c1a5c3a5dba11d36b363bed87.png

That sucks...

4 hours ago, icft said:

Since it is difficult to get a covid test appointment where we live unless you exhibit symptoms, we just tried to schedule a test at the port. Following the link in the Carnival "Return to Service FAQs" link for testing in Baltimore, Galveston, Long Beach and New Orleans, no testing for Carnival cruises was offered. I emailed our PVP and he responded:

"At this time for cruises from February 4th – April 30th, we are only offering testing with those ships you listed." Here's the list:

image.thumb.png.47d77c2c1a5c3a5dba11d36b363bed87.png

That sucks...

That makes no sense as those aren't even the ports where that company offers tests and none of the ships are Carnival.

Beyond that, a few lines earlier the FAQ states the testing is only through Feb (although I think they will have to extend).

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That makes no sense as those aren't even the ports where that company offers tests and none of the ships are Carnival.

Beyond that, a few lines earlier the FAQ states the testing is only through Feb (although I think they will have to extend).

I agree it makes no sense. But I contacted "DocGo" whose site the Carnival FAQ link leads to and they just said "ask Carnival." So I emailed our PVP and you see what he said.

I was hoping this was all just a temporary screw-up (our PVP is great but has been known to be wrong), but no one has yet said it is incorrect. And as we all know the sure way to find out something is wrong is to say it on the internet.

15 minutes ago, Jelly_Toast said:

They are definitely still doing it because just this week I got an invite to test during embarkation for my March cruise for $10 but I'm going to pass because if one of us tests positive I want to know before I pack my bags and see the ship.

Is that part of the trial on certain 3 and 4 night itineraries though? Carnival certainly hasn't announced or rolled out the $10 testing from all ports or on all sailings. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Is that part of the trial on certain 3 and 4 night itineraries though? Carnival certainly hasn't announced or rolled out the $10 testing from all ports or on all sailings. 

It is a four day sailing and I did not say it was announced or rolled out from all ports or sailings just that I had personally gotten the email.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jelly_Toast said:

It is a four day sailing and I did not say it was announced or rolled out from all ports or sailings just that I had personally gotten the email.

I didn't say you did.  My point was that your data point isn't helpful to OP given it may be part of the trial that Carnival announced. 

17 minutes ago, csj092809 said:

Screenshot_20220202-141110_Chrome.jpg

That initiative is one of the things that made me think the end of testing for week long cruises out of Baltimore, Galveston, Long Beach and New Orleans made no sense. My PVP just gave me a follow-up call. He did mention that though it is not on the list there is testing available for one ship out of Longbeach. I suspect that is not listed because it will be required and automatic for cruises to Hawaii. No need to sign up or pay for those cruises.

At any rate, having heard from my PVP a couple of times (it doesn't make sense to him either so he double checked) and having heard from DocGo I am just accepting that as strange as it is we won't be able to do testing at the terminal. I have found that with a little white lie or two we should be able to get tests at a couple of local locations.

It would be nice if Carnival communicated these things. Their return to service FAQs still say testing at the port is available through February 28th and they still have the link to the site to schedule testing. One thing Carnival has excelled at through this pandemic is gaslighting.

The initiative is something they are trying to set up. I think they have clearly communicated that. It is not currently set up. Testing at the ports are still available through the other company for those ports, as I mentioned.

Carnival also has another option for you.

Is a self-test acceptable?

Fully vaccinated guests may consider using self-administered telehealth COVID-19 tests, which have been approved by the CDC to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement. The test must be a COVID-19 viral test (NAAT or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative who must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test. The telehealth provider must issue a result document that includes all the necessary information which must be presented at the time of check-in. Fully vaccinated guests may consider using one of the following self-administered telehealth tests:

Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Test kits ship to all 50 states and arrive at your door in three business days or less. Order now. Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.
Radeas Inspire Diagnostics At-Home Health Test Test kits ship to all 50 states and free 5-7 business day shipping is available (expedited shipping can be purchased at checkout). Order now. Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.

These include a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test and provide your results in 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1