Rebooking/transferring to a travel agent?

mehitabel74

Is there any benefit to transferring my booking to a travel agent? I booked directly through the RCCL website with no problems, but now I'm wondering if a TA would give additional benefits--especially when it comes to fare-watching. I'm still in the window during which a transfer would be possible.

27 minutes ago, mehitabel74 said:

Is there any benefit to transferring my booking to a travel agent? I booked directly through the RCCL website with no problems, but now I'm wondering if a TA would give additional benefits--especially when it comes to fare-watching. I'm still in the window during which a transfer would be possible.

The right TA provides two valuable services: 
Problem solving and commission sharing.

I always chuckle when someone posts that they book cruises directly with the cruise line “to maintain control of their booking.” That right TA does $ millions in bookings while the self-booker is a “rounding error” in the cruise line’s daily bottom line. Who do you think will get action/solution quickly.

That right TA is capable of sharing their commission with you - usually at 5-10% of the commissionable fare.

Do the research. I’ve posted numerous times on CC about how to find the right TA. Use the “search” feature.

1 hour ago, mehitabel74 said:

I always check first with the cruise line directly then check with travel agencies for the best deal.   I’ve always ended up getting the best deal from a travel agency. More perks including on board credit etc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Star said:

I always check first with the cruise line directly then check with travel agencies for the best deal.   I’ve always ended up getting the best deal from a travel agency. More perks including on board credit etc

Remember too that on some cruise lines, TA added SBC (e.g., from commission sharing) can most often be refundable if not used. Of course, if the TA’s SBC is pass-through incentive funds from the cruise line, it will most often be non-refundable.