Solo cabins or inexpensive solo supplements to Alaska

Liveforetravel

I am looking for a solo cabin or a reasonable solo supplement for a third wheel. I have a friend that does not want to pay full price for a cabin to bring his girlfriends adult daughter along with them. He is not willing to share the cabin. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

8 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Could an interior cabin across the corridor, or down the hall be inexpensive enough for this gentleman?

Possibly may work - Inside cabins are not however half the price of the balcony cabins -

more closer to 3 quarters i.e. $1500 of $2000 and still that double occupancy factor !

If on one of the mega ships while not close consider a studio cabin.

NCL does not make it easy for an odd person occupant 

• 3 weeks later...

Check Cruise Plum and search Solo cruises. They list most major cruise lines and itineraries, but they book quickly.  I booked a solo cabin last Friday on the Carnival Splendor May 2 8-day Alaska sailing for $ 250 plus port charges / taxes. If they are not locked into a specific cruise line / date, there are some great deals on early sailings. 

Depending on the age of the daughter, many cruise lines have rules about where she can be. I would recommend that he book daughter and mother in one cabin, him in what ever other cabin they decide on. And switch keys onboard. Much less hassle. 

30 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Depending on the age of the daughter, many cruise lines have rules about where she can be. I would recommend that he book daughter and mother in one cabin, him in what ever other cabin they decide on. And switch keys onboard. Much less hassle. 

Not sure they care about the age of an adult daughter 😉

stinks that its so hard to get a solo rate!