Solo Cruiser and drink package

htkodiak

8 minutes ago, htkodiak said:

For the first time I'll be trying a solo cruise and I'm trying to buy the drink pkg. on CCL.com and it will not let me complete purchase.Has anyone run in to this before ? Thanks for any feedback.

Carnival has been having multiple problems with their entire system the past couple of days. I don't know the specifics, but they are aware of the problem and working on it. 

• Like 1

Did you "just" book?  I tried to order Cheers directly after booking a room with just an underage child and at first it kept telling me I could not do it solo (given only other occupant in room was a minor) but I went back a few days later and was able to purchase....maybe it takes a few days to get those types of scenarios squared away?????

22 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Did you "just" book?  I tried to order Cheers directly after booking a room with just an underage child and at first it kept telling me I could not do it solo (given only other occupant in room was a minor) but I went back a few days later and was able to purchase....maybe it takes a few days to get those types of scenarios squared away?????

No I booked last week.I've been going back and forth about getting drink pkg.

16 hours ago, satxdiver said:

allegedly yes or so they say. 

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

No one gets a "commission" for selling CHEERS. 

Well, I think it's 50, 50 toss up!

Were getting Cheers on board and I was hoping the crew got a piece of the pie.

Question is, why do they push the extras so hard on board?

4 hours ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

Well, I think it's 50, 50 toss up!

Were getting Cheers on board and I was hoping the crew got a piece of the pie.

Question is, why do they push the extras so hard on board?

If crew got a commission, then bartenders and drink waiters would be selling CHEERS.

Ship profits come from onboard spending.  Cruise fares cover the basic ship operating expenses.  It is the bar, photos,  bingo, etc. that is the profit.  

On 2/4/2022 at 4:10 PM, htkodiak said:

For the first time I'll be trying a solo cruise and I'm trying to buy the drink pkg. on CCL.com and it will not let me complete purchase.Has anyone run in to this before ? Thanks for any feedback.

Does the 2nd person say TBA or is it completely blank? The system my think the booking is open for the 2nd person to be added. You may have to call to get it or wait til you're onboard. 1 YouTube vloggers said he was required to purchase it for 2 on a solo cruise but I don't think that's accurate..... just my opinion though

15 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Does the 2nd person say TBA or is it completely blank? The system my think the booking is open for the 2nd person to be added. You may have to call to get it or wait til you're onboard. 1 YouTube vloggers said he was required to purchase it for 2 on a solo cruise but I don't think that's accurate..... just my opinion though

That isn't true unless they were playing games with TBA, trying to double up some perks, or just fibbing

2 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

No TBA for a second person.Just my name listed.

• Like 1

I will be cruising solo on the Panorama in a couple of weeks.  I just purchased cheers yesterday from the site no problem ( nor have I ever had that problem on any of my previous solo Carnival cruises).

I assume it’s a glitch with the website because they always seem happy to take my $ 😎🍸🥂🍹. Try again perhaps?

Edited by chefchick

On 2/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, chefchick said:

I will be cruising solo on the Panorama in a couple of weeks.  I just purchased cheers yesterday from the site no problem ( nor have I ever had that problem on any of my previous solo Carnival cruises).

I assume it’s a glitch with the website because they always seem happy to take my $ 😎🍸🥂🍹. Try again perhaps?

Thanks for the info , I tried a few times over the past couple of days with no luck.I might just have to call.