First time Virgin - help needed

raphael360

I'm a long time cruiser and have done 250 days on Seabourn but this is my first Virgin cruise and I'm REALLY excited for this "something different" style of cruising.  I'm pretty much up to speed on the whole Virgin experience (I think) but have a simple question:  It was mentioned in a blog Virgin uses all plastic for their alcoholic drinks.  I'm a martini drinker and am asking if I need to bring my own "glass" martini glass.  Any other suggestions would be fantastic.

I've flown on Virgin America a few times and I love Virgin's way of thinking.

Thank you in advance for your help and advise.

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

I'm a long time cruiser and have done 250 days on Seabourn but this is my first Virgin cruise and I'm REALLY excited for this "something different" style of cruising.  I'm pretty much up to speed on the whole Virgin experience (I think) but have a simple question:  It was mentioned in a blog Virgin uses all plastic for their alcoholic drinks.  I'm a martini drinker and am asking if I need to bring my own "glass" martini glass.  Any other suggestions would be fantastic.

I've flown on Virgin America a few times and I love Virgin's way of thinking.

Thank you in advance for your help and advise.

Pretty sure we had actual glass glasses at the restaurants and inside bars, but everything that was on 15 and 16 (galley, pool bars, etc.) came in plastic because broken glass + bare feet = ouch!  We really liked the cocktails at On the Rocks (tucked away under the big central stairs), but Sip (champagne bar) actually had some really interesting looking drinks.

This won't be a problem for you, but if anyone else likes cocktails that usually have straws, they use paper straws.  I'd suggest BYO reusable straws.  The 30 seconds of effort to remember it and clean it at various points of the day is SO much better than trying to drink thru a mushy straw!

• Like 3